What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Upgrade to 3.01.94 installed "MySearchNow" Ad-ware and screwed up IE settings

Upgrade to 3.01.94 installed "MySearchNow" Ad-ware and screwed up IE settings
Author: Message:
Bagload

O.P. Sad  Upgrade to 3.01.94 installed "MySearchNow" Ad-ware and screwed up IE settings
Hello

This is my first post here so apologies if it's in the wrong forum.

Earlier today a message popped up saying upgrade to the latest version of MSN Plus.  Seeing as I have not had any problems with the current version I thought it a good idea to upgrade.

Oh, how I wish I hadn't.  The installation seems to have installed some 3rd party ad-ware on to my machine that has:

Changed my home page to mysearchnow.com
   Changed my search page to mysearchnow.com
   Removed my Google Toolbar and installed the mysearchnow.com toolbar

When I start my browser I get advertisements popping up.

If I reset all my settings and reboot, the mysearchnow stuff comes back.

I am most displeased with this back door payment mechanism.  I would prefer to pay than be abused in this way.

Can some one please tell me how to remove all of this rubbish as Ad-aware 6 does not seem to know anything about it.

This upgrade is the only thing I have installed in weeks and I am always cautious of installing things that may potentially do this.  It has to be down to MsgPlus. 

Thanks

Mr Unhappy

06-18-2004 12:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Upgrade to 3.01.94 installed "MySearchNow" Ad-ware and screwed up IE settings - by Bagload on 06-18-2004 at 12:20 PM
RE: Upgrade to 3.01.94 installed "MySearchNow" Ad-ware and screwed up IE settings - by Menthix on 06-18-2004 at 12:27 PM
RE: Upgrade to 3.01.94 installed "MySearchNow" Ad-ware and screwed up IE settings - by Choli on 06-18-2004 at 12:34 PM
RE: Upgrade to 3.01.94 installed "MySearchNow" Ad-ware and screwed up IE settings - by Bagload on 06-18-2004 at 12:36 PM
RE: Upgrade to 3.01.94 installed "MySearchNow" Ad-ware and screwed up IE settings - by lululala on 06-23-2004 at 06:42 AM
RE: Upgrade to 3.01.94 installed "MySearchNow" Ad-ware and screwed up IE settings - by Mike on 06-23-2004 at 07:37 AM
RE: Upgrade to 3.01.94 installed "MySearchNow" Ad-ware and screwed up IE settings - by Choli on 06-24-2004 at 11:22 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: