What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Error code 0x81000301, need serious help!

Error code 0x81000301, need serious help!
Author: Message:
Grue

– / Male / –
RE: Error code 0x81000301, need serious help!
quote:
Originally posted by Alexus
I've looked at all the other threads to see if this could help my problem but it hasn't. I've downloaded Plus! 3 on Friday afternoon and managed to sign in perfectly, although I also have been having those weird contact lists where about half of it is gone and i've got about 4 or 5 new people added from England? Anyway, i just kept signing in and out till i got my contact list back again. But anyway, after that I signed out then i tried signing back in again the next day. It said the following...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
We were unable to sign you in to .NET Messenger service, possible because of a problem with the service or your internet connection. Please make sure that you are connected to the internet. 0x81000301

now i thought it was pretty typical, it happens all the time. so i tried the next day and i didnt work again. i thought that was pretty strange. so i clicked on the help button to check the MSN server stat, it says that the thing was down;

Sign In
The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. Please try again later.
Last Update: 5/07/2004 12:06:00 AM Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)

so then i came back again a couple more hours later and it still wouldn't sign in, i thought there had to have been a serious problem. so then i constantly kept trying to sign in, no results.
then i tried checking my firewall to see if it allowed MSN to connect to the internet. it was fine. then i tried re-installing msn Plus 3, several times and it still didn't work. ive tried so many different ways i was seriously becoming annoyed. Never has MSN been down on technical difficulty for me for more than a day. ive even tried installing all the latest updates from microsoft. nothing!!
I even asked my brother to see if he could sign in alright, and he did! my Internet is fine, firewalls not blocking it, ive deleted all cookies and that stuff, still nothing!

if you have any idea whats going on or know how to fix it PLZ reply, i am seriously so annoyed at this MSN at the moment!

by the way, ive also noticed that everytime i install MSN Plus 3 i keep detecting a trojan? can someone explain to me what thats all about?

Did your brother try signing in on your computer or have you tried signing in with another account on your computer?
07-05-2004 08:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Error code 0x81000301, need serious help! - by Alexus on 07-05-2004 at 08:11 AM
RE: Error code 0x81000301, need serious help! - by Grue on 07-05-2004 at 08:39 AM
RE: RE: Error code 0x81000301, need serious help! - by Alexus on 07-05-2004 at 08:42 AM
RE: RE: RE: Error code 0x81000301, need serious help! - by Grue on 07-05-2004 at 08:48 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: Error code 0x81000301, need serious help! - by Alexus on 07-05-2004 at 08:55 AM
RE: Error code 0x81000301, need serious help! - by Alexus on 07-05-2004 at 08:45 AM
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Error code 0x81000301, need serious help! - by Grue on 07-05-2004 at 09:02 AM
RE: RE: RE: Error code 0x81000301, need serious help! - by CookieRevised on 07-05-2004 at 09:48 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: