What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » I have a virus, but which?

I have a virus, but which?
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: I have a virus, but which?
Note that in order to execute a decent virusscan or virusremoval you need to start your computer in safe mode at the least! This is explained on the Symantec website and the download page of the tool.

Also to remove a virus with a special tool you need to read the instructions first, and very carefully, and do exactly what is told (often only simply downloading and running the tool is not enough and will have no effect!) This is again also explained on the Symantec website and the download page of the tool.*

Even better would be if you could start up with another Windows installation, which has access to the infected drive. If this is possible, do it that way. And after removing the infected files, start up in the original Windows installation and rerun every virusscan and virusremover to remove the left overs.

The reason why the tool doesn't work is most likely because it is blocked by the virus itself or something. Hence the _need_ to start up in at least safe mode or in another Windows installation and to read and follow the instructions on the download page of the tool.

* PS: @ProblemWvAuthority: this is also the reason why I strongly suggest not to post direct links to removal tools, but rather to the download page itself.

This post was edited on 03-15-2005 at 09:58 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-15-2005 09:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
I have a virus, but which? - by Aruz on 03-15-2005 at 05:54 PM
RE: I have a virus, but which? - by user27089 on 03-15-2005 at 05:56 PM
RE: I have a virus, but which? - by Aruz on 03-15-2005 at 06:20 PM
RE: I have a virus, but which? - by ProblemWv Authority on 03-15-2005 at 06:21 PM
RE: I have a virus, but which? - by user27089 on 03-15-2005 at 06:23 PM
RE: I have a virus, but which? - by Aruz on 03-15-2005 at 06:59 PM
RE: I have a virus, but which? - by CookieRevised on 03-15-2005 at 09:53 PM
RE: I have a virus, but which? - by ProblemWv Authority on 03-15-2005 at 10:24 PM
RE: I have a virus, but which? - by mangomeerkat on 03-18-2005 at 12:44 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: