What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Extra "Stuff" in Decrypted Chat Logs...

Extra "Stuff" in Decrypted Chat Logs...
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Extra "Stuff" in Decrypted Chat Logs...
quote:
Originally posted by MacManHere
Now, since I deal with a lot of TXT files related to my work and would prefer to continue to use my PFE32 - I need to see if I can modify the extension that Messenger Plus uses when decrypting the logs.  If I could change it to .log or something, then I could associate EditPad Lite to .log extensions and reset my PFE32 to handle my regular .txt files.
not possible I'm afraid, the extension is fixed at .TXT...

What _could_ be relativly easly possible and still maintains total compatibility is that Patchou adds a registry setting or something which let you choose which program will open the textlogs (which is now the associated program), this is also a request which more people could like I think. So, I'll ask him and sees what he says about it. But don't get your hopes too high up though. Adding such features takes a bit of time...
I need to learn my lesson better, there is already such a registry setting... LOL...  ;):P

You need to place the key "LogViewerProgram" in "HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2" in your registry and set its value to the path/file to your logviewer program like so:
"c:\blahblah\myviewer.exe "%s"" (mind the quotes and parameter)

quote:
Found on the official help pages: registry tweaks
registry path: HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2
value name: LogViewerProgram

Use this value if you want Messenger Plus! to open a different program than the default text editor when opening log files. The parameter location must be specified with a %s tag and it is recommended to enclose the tag with "".

If you rather not "mess" in the registry, you can also do this with Choli's Plus! Tweaker Tool, also found on that page...

This post was edited on 05-29-2005 at 08:34 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-29-2005 08:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Extra "Stuff" in Decrypted Chat Logs... - by MacManHere on 05-27-2005 at 05:32 AM
RE: Extra "Stuff" in Decrypted Chat Logs... - by RaceProUK on 05-27-2005 at 09:55 AM
RE: Extra "Stuff" in Decrypted Chat Logs... - by MacManHere on 05-27-2005 at 06:33 PM
RE: Extra "Stuff" in Decrypted Chat Logs... - by matty on 05-27-2005 at 06:44 PM
RE: Extra "Stuff" in Decrypted Chat Logs... - by CookieRevised on 05-27-2005 at 10:29 PM
RE: Extra "Stuff" in Decrypted Chat Logs... - by RaceProUK on 05-28-2005 at 10:49 AM
RE: Extra "Stuff" in Decrypted Chat Logs... - by CookieRevised on 05-28-2005 at 08:40 PM
RE: Extra "Stuff" in Decrypted Chat Logs... - by MacManHere on 05-29-2005 at 03:14 PM
RE: Extra "Stuff" in Decrypted Chat Logs... - by CookieRevised on 05-29-2005 at 08:17 PM
RE: Extra "Stuff" in Decrypted Chat Logs... - by MacManHere on 05-30-2005 at 02:15 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: