What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Paypal probems -what do I do!?

Paypal probems -what do I do!?
Author: Message:
Gin

~*~ Gin ~*~

37 / Female / –
O.P. RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!?
Hi again. It did turn out to be a scam in the end... I contacted my bank and they advised that the best thing was to to close my account and open a new one - so I have a new account number card number etc now. Thanks for all the replies.

Adeptus, looking at the link you gave I think this is what I was sent. Certainly seems to describe it.

Today I have received another "paypal" email... although I am being far more cautious this time around. Lol. This one even sounds suspicious to me. And the address it is sent from is not service@paypal.co.uk  as they usually are, but from the address service@bank.pay-pal.com

What I found strange about this one today is it's content;
quote:
We recently noticed the following issue on your account:

Your bank has contacted us regarding some attempts of charges from your credit card via the Paypal system. We have reasons to believe that you changed your registration information or that someone else has unauthorized access to your Paypal account Due to recent activity, including possible unauthorized payments placed on your account, we will require a second confirmation of your identity with us in order to allow us to investigate this matter further. Your account is not suspended, but if in 48 hours after you receive this message your account is not confirmed we reserve the right to suspend your Paypal registration. If you received this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of Paypal policy to represent oneself as another Paypal user. Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. Paypal is committed to assist law enforcement with any inquires related to
attempts to misappropriate personal information with the intent to commit fraud or theft. Information will be provided at the request of law enforcement agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

To confirm your identity with us click here:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr/?cmd=_login-run-secure

It's weird considering I have done this, but I don't think it's real as I have logged onto my paypal account and had no problems doing so, and found nothing saying I need to fill in information.
[Image: b15.gif]
04-08-2006 09:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Paypal probems -what do I do!? - by Gin on 03-30-2006 at 10:04 AM
RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!? - by Reaper on 03-30-2006 at 10:24 AM
RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!? - by Gin on 03-30-2006 at 10:45 AM
RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!? - by Adeptus on 03-30-2006 at 05:41 PM
RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!? - by Reaper on 03-30-2006 at 05:46 PM
RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!? - by ddunk on 03-30-2006 at 11:10 PM
RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!? - by Reaper on 03-30-2006 at 11:16 PM
RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!? - by ShawnZ on 03-30-2006 at 11:18 PM
RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!? - by Voldemort on 03-31-2006 at 12:00 AM
RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!? - by Gin on 04-08-2006 at 09:17 AM
RE: RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!? - by CookieRevised on 04-08-2006 at 11:52 AM
RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!? - by Eljay on 04-08-2006 at 09:22 AM
RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!? - by Menthix on 04-08-2006 at 12:00 PM
RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!? - by CookieRevised on 04-08-2006 at 12:11 PM
RE: Paypal probems -what do I do!? - by Adeptus on 04-09-2006 at 07:18 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: