What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » How to copy Costum Emoticons to a blog

How to copy Costum Emoticons to a blog
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: How to copy Costum Emoticons to a blog
quote:
Originally posted by shespider
Okay, thanks lots. I'll try that, and I let you know if it works for me ^.^

Edit: Erhm.. I'm sorry for my cluelessness *hides* how should I rename those? As simple as click it and rename it? I know it couldn't be like that rite? o_o;;
first copy them to another directory; you don't wanna mess up the directory which messenger uses.

After that, yes, simply click them and rename them (or highlight them and press F2) in Windows Explorer.

To know what extension to use (PNG for static emoticons, GIF for moving ones), you best open them up in a graphics program which supports animated GIFs and PNGs. If you see them moving, they are GIFs, if you don't see any movement, they are PNGs.

Another way is to open those files in notepad (but do NOT save them with it):
- if the first few characters you see are "‰PNG" you know for sure the file is a PNG file and you must rename it with the PNG extension.
- if the first few characters you see are "GIF89a" you know for sure the file is a GIF file and you must rename it with the GIF extension.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-04-2006 11:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
How to copy Costum Emoticons to a blog - by shespider on 09-04-2006 at 05:09 AM
RE: How to copy Costum Emoticons to a blog - by CookieRevised on 09-04-2006 at 05:25 AM
RE: How to copy Costum Emoticons to a blog - by shespider on 09-04-2006 at 05:47 AM
RE: How to copy Costum Emoticons to a blog - by CookieRevised on 09-04-2006 at 11:26 PM
RE: How to copy Costum Emoticons to a blog - by shespider on 09-08-2006 at 11:10 AM
RE: How to copy Costum Emoticons to a blog - by CookieRevised on 09-08-2006 at 11:35 AM
RE: How to copy Costum Emoticons to a blog - by shespider on 09-08-2006 at 12:23 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: