What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Boss Protection auto message idea

Boss Protection auto message idea
Author: Message:
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Boss Protection auto message idea
I think Patchou doesn't need more people to reply for features to be implemented in Messenger Plus!, and I think he liked your idea and will implement it soon, maybe not in 4.50 but in the other version :P

Indeed, when I think now that why I never set a message for to be sent in my opened chat windows while locking is because it may send it to people which I don't want. Because sometimes, we may have opened chat windows to send Offline messages, or sometimes I use some commands in windows. And you know bosses appear suddenly most of the time :) and we may not have the option to close them first.

And as you mentioned we sometimes don't want to close chat windows after chatting finishes (there is no harm to keep them opened thanks to Tabbed Chats ;) )

And instead of a forced minute delay, I prefer customizable delay in seconds such as the delay of Personalized Status Auto Message delay (maybe up to 5000 secs :o )

Also we already have the option to change our status to a preset Personalized Status when locking Messenger, and we can write "I locked Messenger, I'll see your message when I unlock it" as an auto message and thus, people can still be aware of the situation at our sides when they wrote something to us even if they didn't receive the message which is sent while locking Messenger, and they won't wait a reply immediately.

I liked the idea very much, I can't stop without writing my opinions 8-|
Edit: I have a new idea. The locking message will be sent to contacts if any message was taken from them within the interval before locking. But it won't be sent to Offline contacts if they signed out (maybe appeared offline) after sending their message. I mean if the time of signing out is after the time of last received message, then that Offline contact won't receive the message. Also by this method, offline people who we opened their chat windows to send an Offline message won't receive the message because there isn't any received message from him/her even if their chat windows are open, and other Offline people will receive the message because they were already appearing Offline while sending their last message to us.

Also the online people won't receive the message if we didn't receive any message from them until locking Messenger.

And unlocking message will be sent to contacts similarly.

The simple principle: we know that our contact is active on the other side and was chatting with us in the last minutes.

Very confusing :-#.

This post was edited on 10-08-2007 at 10:02 PM by ahmetgns.
10-08-2007 08:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Boss Protection auto message idea - by Nathan on 10-06-2007 at 06:47 PM
RE: Boss Protection auto message idea - by ahmetgns on 10-07-2007 at 12:27 PM
RE: Boss Protection auto message idea - by Shiny Rabbit on 10-07-2007 at 03:09 PM
RE: Boss Protection auto message idea - by Nathan on 10-07-2007 at 10:49 PM
RE: Boss Protection auto message idea - by Nagamasa on 10-08-2007 at 02:42 PM
RE: Boss Protection auto message idea - by Nathan on 10-08-2007 at 07:14 PM
RE: Boss Protection auto message idea - by ahmetgns on 10-08-2007 at 08:45 PM
RE: Boss Protection auto message idea - by Nathan on 10-10-2007 at 06:28 PM
RE: Boss Protection auto message idea - by Nathan on 10-13-2007 at 10:48 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: