What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » I am not happy about this

I am not happy about this
Author: Message:
vikke

31 / Male / Flag
RE: I am not happy about this
There's a sponsor in Messenger Plus! Live that you installed when you installed Messenger Plus! Live, however you can uninstall the sponsor without uninstalling Messenger Plus! Live.

Big quote from the official FAQ:
quote:
Messenger Plus! Live comes with an optional sponsor program that you can decide to install or not during setup (the same setup is always run, whether it's downloaded from the site or by the auto-update feature of Messenger Plus!, you will always be prompted the same way). This program shows ads from time to time on your computer. adds some favorites in Internet Explorer and can be uninstalled without hassle in seconds. In NO case is the sponsor mandatory or dangerous.

Unfortunately, some of the anti-adware/spyware products distributed nowadays don't care to make a difference between a clean adware solution and a nasty spyware. As a result, users who want to give their support by installing the sponsor sometimes get scared by alarming warning coming from their anti-adware/spyware product. In addition to displaying false information to their users, these products can also, in some occasions, damage the installation package of the sponsor, preventing further removal. This is why warning related to Messenger Plus! should be ignored and the proper procedure be followed (see below). In case of doubt, remember that Messenger Plus! has been on the market since 2001, longer than many of the detection software you see nowadays. Millions of people are using it daily, proving without the shadow of a doubt that the program is reliable and can be trusted.

To get rid of it, you go to Add/Remove Programs, and then you select "Messenger Plus! Live & Sponsor", follow the instructions shown.
10-24-2007 06:28 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
I am not happy about this - by Chris2007 on 10-24-2007 at 06:23 PM
RE: I am not happy about this - by vikke on 10-24-2007 at 06:28 PM
RE: I am not happy about this - by Chris2007 on 10-24-2007 at 06:35 PM
RE: RE: I am not happy about this - by pollolibredegrasa on 10-24-2007 at 06:51 PM
RE: I am not happy about this - by vikke on 10-24-2007 at 06:52 PM
RE: I am not happy about this - by Chris2007 on 10-24-2007 at 06:58 PM
RE: I am not happy about this - by vikke on 10-24-2007 at 07:03 PM
RE: I am not happy about this - by Chris2007 on 10-24-2007 at 07:57 PM
RE: I am not happy about this - by Rolando on 10-24-2007 at 08:09 PM
RE: I am not happy about this - by prashker on 10-24-2007 at 08:21 PM
RE: I am not happy about this - by Spunky on 10-24-2007 at 10:26 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: