What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Help clearing up to many contacts

Help clearing up to many contacts
Author: Message:
prettyrick_y

O.P. RE: Help clearing up to many contacts
many thanks for that reply! - i'll try out what you suggested
msgplus! - wont that install spyware or something - i'm sure i ran a spyware scan a while ago on spybot..and it found msgplus to have spyware - still it was a while ago
anyway i'll do anything to clear these contacts
one other question
say if i use the option to delete whoever doesn't have me on their contact list..and then it removes a lot of contacts so i'm within a safe zone in terms of contact space
will the contacts that haven't been able to be added add properly on their own? - or do i have to readd them?
i'm better off trying and seeing!
Thanks again
just tried out the cleanup - and it says to wait a couple of days first - so it can gather info accurately
i think i'll do that
because the 'has you' option has some contacts who i do have and i know have me (well i think)
so if i wait a few days is it all depending on whether if that contact comes online?
or does it gather the info another way (without the contacts having to come online)
Thanks
edit - i just did a cleanup but it doesn't seem to have got rid of anything - there's no delete option so i just pressed delete and then ok to confirm - it took it's time but then the names and everything were still there :-|
is there a way of completely deleting all contacts that i have in 'other contacts'?
also..is it guaranteed that when it says 'no' - they do'nt have you on their list that it just hasn't updated yet?
i'm looking to completely remove certain groups - unfortunately you can't right click other contacts and delete (it has 600+ contacts in there) - and i just want tto clear it - it's all gathered in one place..just needs deleting!
Thanks! :)
msg plus is cool :D ;p

This post was edited on 08-04-2008 at 12:49 PM by prettyrick_y.
08-04-2008 12:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Help clearing up to many contacts - by prettyrick_y on 08-02-2008 at 12:05 AM
RE: Help clearing up to many contacts - by Lukychan on 08-02-2008 at 05:15 PM
RE: Help clearing up to many contacts - by prettyrick_y on 08-02-2008 at 07:06 PM
RE: Help clearing up to many contacts - by CookieRevised on 08-02-2008 at 08:34 PM
RE: Help clearing up to many contacts - by prettyrick_y on 08-04-2008 at 12:22 PM
RE: Help clearing up to many contacts - by Spunky on 08-04-2008 at 01:33 PM
RE: Help clearing up to many contacts - by prettyrick_y on 08-04-2008 at 02:48 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: