What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How can I log This Number?... Please read in

How can I log This Number?... Please read in
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: How can I log This Number?... Please read in
What you want to do is not possible (refering to the screenshots especially); email does not work that way.

Somebody can log in to your account without you seeing anything on your computer on your screen. You even don't need to have your computer turned on. Email is accessed on a server, not on a local computer. You connect to the email server if you want to read (or download in case of POP3) email.

Moreover, setting your email to unread again will not work either as the 'hacker' can do exactly the same thing.

Also, the unread email count is not updated on-the-fly in real-time. Usually it is only updated every x minutes or so,if updated automatically at all that is. So logging this email count will not work either.

The only thing you can do is to change your password or hoping that the 'hacker' makes a mistake and doesn't change the email state back to unread.

BTW: why do you think someone is reading your email?
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-07-2008 02:47 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
How can I log This Number?... Please read in - by messenpost on 08-06-2008 at 09:46 PM
RE: How can I log This Number?... Please read in - by CookieRevised on 08-07-2008 at 02:47 AM
RE: How can I log This Number?... Please read in - by messenpost on 08-07-2008 at 04:06 AM
RE: How can I log This Number?... Please read in - by CookieRevised on 08-07-2008 at 10:32 AM
RE: How can I log This Number?... Please read in - by messenpost on 08-07-2008 at 01:48 PM
RE: RE: How can I log This Number?... Please read in - by CookieRevised on 08-08-2008 at 01:59 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: