What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How can I log This Number?... Please read in

How can I log This Number?... Please read in
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: How can I log This Number?... Please read in
quote:
Originally posted by messenpost
Now there is only one thing left to solve. I want to log the time so that I won't get confused by my own open/close actions.
I was thinking the same think when I was driving to work. Now that I'm home again, I've updated the script.

When a decrease is detected, instead of only showing a message box with just the previous and current unread email count, it will now display:
- A Messenger Plus! toast
- A message box, incl. date and time
- An entry in the event viewer, incl. date and time
- A debug output, incl. date and time

...all will still show the previous and current unread email count of course.

And since the Events Log can be saved, you would also automatically have logging to disk.
  (Plus! > Preferences > Messenger > Event Logging > "Record events to disc")

To view the debug output;
- Enable debugging in Messenger Plus!
  (Plus! > Preferences > General > Scripts > "Enable debugging options")
- Open the Script Debugger window
  (Plus! > tick Show Script Debugging)
- In that debugger window, select "Unread Mail Monitor".

To view the Event Log output:
- Enable event logging
  (Plus! > Preferences > Messenger > Event Logging > "Display the Event Viewer window")
- Open the Event Log window:
  (Plus! > tick Display Event Viewer)

Note about the messagebox output:
When a message box is shown, this script will pause as long as you don't click on the message box's OK button. Because of this (syncronized) method, the script might miss unread email count decreases. If you wish to disable the message box then go the Script Editor and open up this script. In the first code line (script line 3) you can set bShowMessageBox to false.
  (Plus! > Preferences > General > Scripts > Unread Mail Monitor > Edit)

quote:
Regmon picked up the changes after I played around a bit. - It somehow didn't seem to work with the full key in the filter.
Make sure you entered the exact string I showed:
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
(and set "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\<Your Windows Live Id>\MessageCount" as its include filter)
eg: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\jos@hotmail.com\MessageCount

Thus that is "HKCU", not "HKEY_CURRENT_USER", and don't enter the quotes. And replace <your Windows Live Id> with your own Windows Live Id, without the < >.

Although "MessageCount" is indeed shorter but it will also list changes in everything else with that string in it (eg: a program which has "MessageCount" in its name, another registry setting with "MessageCount" in its path, etc...).

quote:
Regmon actually has a "time" column, but this is probably some sort of system time that I do not understand.
The fractional number is the amount of seconds since the last time you cleared the logging window or since the logging started. As you've found out already, click on the clock icon in the toolbar to switch between this format and the current time.

quote:
btw: thank you very much for the script, but I never used any scrips before. so I don't exactly know how to use it.
Download the script pack and import it in Messenger Plus! Live. It will automatically run. Importing can be done by simply double clicking on the script pack (just like you would execute a program).

This post was edited on 08-08-2008 at 02:32 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
08-08-2008 01:59 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
How can I log This Number?... Please read in - by messenpost on 08-06-2008 at 09:46 PM
RE: How can I log This Number?... Please read in - by CookieRevised on 08-07-2008 at 02:47 AM
RE: How can I log This Number?... Please read in - by messenpost on 08-07-2008 at 04:06 AM
RE: How can I log This Number?... Please read in - by CookieRevised on 08-07-2008 at 10:32 AM
RE: How can I log This Number?... Please read in - by messenpost on 08-07-2008 at 01:48 PM
RE: RE: How can I log This Number?... Please read in - by CookieRevised on 08-08-2008 at 01:59 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: