What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Messenger 2009 Disconnects when making web cam connections

Messenger 2009 Disconnects when making web cam connections
Author: Message:
drheron

O.P. Messenger 2009 Disconnects when making web cam connections
I recently installed Windows Live Messenger 2009 and have started to experience disconnects when I start with my webcam or start viewing someone elses web cam. 

Details:
I am running Windows XP SP2 with all the current patches (SP3 causes my Dell printer to stop working and Dell instructed me to deinstall SP3).  I am a Dell Inspiron E1705 Laptop and am running Windows Live Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8064.206).  I have a Logitech 9000 Webcam with 11.90.1263 of the software.  I am on my home network and have  D-Link wireless router with a fiber optic connection to the Internet.  I am using wireless on my PC to connect to the Internet.

I can start a chat conversation with my friends and everything is fine until I try to either see their web cam or let them see mine.  Messenger basically disconnects and logs me out the instant i get connected to the other party web cam or they connect with mine.  It does not happen with everyone but seems to happen frequently with people that I chat with in Asia.  I have tried the following all with the same result of disconnecting:

1) Start my web cam using the View Webcam option when you mouse over the webcam icon.  I see my video in the window and the other person accepts my request.  After about 10 seconds, I get disconnected.

2) They start their web cam using the same method.  I accept their request and see the connecting message.  After about 10 seconds, I get disconnected.

3) I start a video call between us.  I see my video and see a connecting message to their video.  After about 10 seconds, I get disconnected and have to log backin.

4) They start the video call.  Same thing happens.

5) I remove my camera alltogether and try to start a video call.  Same thing happens.

6) I remove my camera and have them start a view of their webcam.  Same thing happens.

I was using version 7 previously with this same webcam and did not see this issue so it seems to be something with Version 2009.  Any ideas?  Anyone else seeing this?
04-08-2009 07:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Messenger 2009 Disconnects when making web cam connections - by drheron on 04-08-2009 at 07:51 PM
RE: Messenger 2009 Disconnects when making web cam connections - by AlexGCH on 04-10-2009 at 08:44 PM
RE: Messenger 2009 Disconnects when making web cam connections - by drheron on 04-13-2009 at 02:46 PM
RE: Messenger 2009 Disconnects when making web cam connections - by dcrain on 08-11-2009 at 10:08 PM
RE: Messenger 2009 Disconnects when making web cam connections - by ccrama on 01-17-2010 at 03:38 AM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: