What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Custom Emotion Sounds Failing to Play with Latest Everything

Custom Emotion Sounds Failing to Play with Latest Everything
Author: Message:
phantom_flutist

I am me and proud of it!

37 / Female / Flag
O.P. Huh?  Custom Emotion Sounds Failing to Play with Latest Everything
Greetings,

I realize this issue came up quite a lot in 2009, and there was a sollution posted for those experiencing this particular problem.  In addition, I know that the latest version of Plus has fixed the problem for most users, but of course I happen to be an exception.

Last January, I installed the latest version of WLM.  Messenger has worked just fine since then, and on a whim I decided to install Plus just a couple days ago.  Everything works just fine except my favorite feature, which happens to be sending custom emotion sounds to other Plus users.

In other forrum posts, I saw that it was happening with users of Plus back in 2009, and it had something to do with a conflict with using certain emoticon shortcuts that would conflict with the data that was sent when sending a custom emotion sound.  As I only use the default emoticons and don't mess around with the shortcuts, there shouldn't be any interfeering shortcuts.  Furthermore, even if I had changed the default emoticons, I am running the latest version of plus, which was made 6-6-2010, and that problem was reported to be fixed.

My problem is similar to the problem reported in 2009, but instead of getting "***internal***" before the sound data that's being sent, I simply get the sound data line and no sound plays on either end.  I checked all of my preferences to see that everything was in order, I have uninstalled plus and reinstalled it after adding the exception to "WMPTools.exe" in Windows Firewall, and I have attempted to check my emoticons, just in case I had a shortcut that was conflicting with the line of data that is sent.  The person I was attempting to send sounds to was also using Plus, and she only received the line of sound data.  I have tried everything I can think of besides uninstalling WLM and reinstalling it again, but I figured I didn't have to because it was a clean install and I have not added any patches since I installed it in January.  I have had several other Windows 7 users report this same problem to me, and they have told me they gave up on Plus because they couldn't ever figure out a sollution to this problem.

I am quite stuck.

While I wait for suggestions, I will double check to see there aren't any newer updates to WLM.  I am hoping I can figure something out.  Thanks for your time and consideration.

Most Sincerely,

Bobbi
07-07-2010 02:33 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Custom Emotion Sounds Failing to Play with Latest Everything - by phantom_flutist on 07-07-2010 at 02:33 PM
RE: Custom Emotion Sounds Failing to Play with Latest Everything - by Chris4 on 07-07-2010 at 02:48 PM
RE: Custom Emotion Sounds Failing to Play with Latest Everything - by phantom_flutist on 07-07-2010 at 02:54 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: