What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.)

Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.)
Author: Message:
Kromitvs

O.P. Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.)
So, I've been using Plus for some time, right?
And I used some other plug-ins & patches too, right?
But Plus is the most reliable, stable, etc, right?

Anyway, I do think that it could be improved in a lot of ways... I don't mean it needs loads of improving, I just mean good is not enough, right?

So here's my list.

Different profiles for different groups.
Well, I've found it's difficult to make different groups see different names/pictures of my self. But that would be great.

I have lots of smiles. How about a list of my smiles by categories? I use Smilepad. I don’t know is MP policy on finding inspiration in other software, but that program beats smiles panels by far (ye,ye, I still haven’t figure out how to use them…)

Name/Personal quote history/chooser. Like the one Messenger has already for your personal picture. Allowing you to keep a record of old ones, and choose it again. And simple.

I have a lot of smiles (have I told that before!?). Some of them replace words (I have this guy saying "no" that replaces my no's). This is a lot of fun, and starts resembling hieroglyphic writing. Witch is fine. Except when I am talking about something really serious or trying to explain a complex thought (well... it could happen!!!). How about if I had a profile with all of them, and another without? And I could change? (and choose different ones for different groups/contacts, or to apply a different hours?)

I have a lot of winks (ye,ye...). How about a list of them by categories? Being able to change their name? Loading them in less then the 2 minutes it now takes? Being able to install and uninstall them in a really simple way? Having them replacing some expressions?

A notification when someone comes back from being idle/away. An option to see when someone is idle and not away!

MP innovated with this sounds gadget. How about smiles with sound? Or will winks become the next smiles?

Finally, how about a simple/advanced option for the options menu? I really feel is becoming more complex. The option to leave some options to very advanced/registry tweakers seems wrong to me... but that's just my opinion. Simplify…

How about including some plugins? Like the log viewer? (txt log?...who can read that)

Nicknames improving? I saw revolving nicks in another plugin. How about other types of changing nicks? (simple ones: reversed/normal, graphic/motion illusion ->--, -->-, --->, etc; or complex, where users write a list of nicks and plus changes them every X seconds).

And just before you start making fun of my "right endings", just remeber... I've hearded before, right?

05-17-2006 11:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.) - by Kromitvs on 05-17-2006 at 11:47 PM
RE: Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.) - by Voldemort on 05-17-2006 at 11:59 PM
RE: Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.) - by NiteMare on 05-18-2006 at 12:04 AM
RE: Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.) - by Kromitvs on 05-18-2006 at 04:23 PM
RE: RE: Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.) - by The_Joker on 05-18-2006 at 06:08 PM
RE: Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.) - by NiteMare on 05-18-2006 at 06:31 PM
RE: Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.) - by CookieRevised on 05-18-2006 at 07:17 PM
RE: Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.) - by Kromitvs on 05-27-2006 at 03:33 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: