What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Personalised status shortcut

Personalised status shortcut
Author: Message:
(V)oribundenVampir

RE: Personalised status shortcut
Haha, no matter how hard you try to replace that feature with those in-conversation shortcuts, the personalized status shortcut feature is - hopefully, FOR NOW ONLY - out.

I realized that it is absolutely not very useful because this means you must have a conversation window always open, which obviously, it's not the ki here, for the many differente reasons that have been said above (full screen gaming). Even if you're not gaming, that feature kicked ass, and now it's out.

Let's pray for it to come back, which certainly, I beleve Patchou shall make it back. After all, there are many features that haven't been included in this build.

The very first time that I tested MPL v4 Beta, I realized that many things were out and other things were simply not working in a confortable way.
For instance: the conversation window's custom sounds dialog is too small; the most used sounds is also out (personally I wasn't very fond of it, but it WAS a feature). Also, in the custom sounds library, I cannot hide/unhide two or more files at once, I must tick/untick one by one, it's a pain in the ass, honestly. There's another "feature" - if we may call it so - in the custom sounds library that's not present anymore, and that's the possibility to type the first letter of a sound and go to that sound in the list. Eg. My sound is McGiver, then I would type 'M' and it would go to the first sound starting with the letter 'M'. And it was even possible to warp to McGiver sound typing the whole word itself. This is something that even the windows shell's lets us use.

Nonetheless, as it's been said, the whole thing was recoded from zero, so it's quite an impressive work (tho I'm not very fond of the preferences GUI, probably because it takes too much space on the screen compared to the v3's GUI).

Keep on working, Patchou! You have our support!

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot... The LAST USED DATE in the custom sounds library is perfect, indeed I actually needed it. I can perform statistics with it and see wether I really need a sound in my library or not. That's a new great feature that personally I find very useful, no matter how hilarious that may sound. :o):^)(A) Thumbs up to that!

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 05:48 PM by (V)oribundenVampir.
06-26-2006 05:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Personalised status shortcut - by DomGrimm on 06-25-2006 at 08:39 AM
RE: Personalised status shortcut - by Discrate on 06-25-2006 at 08:46 AM
RE: Personalised status shortcut - by Sypher on 06-25-2006 at 09:46 AM
RE: Personalised status shortcut - by CookieRevised on 06-25-2006 at 10:06 AM
RE: RE: Personalised status shortcut - by SerGuMa on 06-25-2006 at 07:19 PM
RE: RE: Personalised status shortcut - by DomGrimm on 06-25-2006 at 10:22 PM
RE: Personalised status shortcut - by junkies4 on 06-26-2006 at 02:46 AM
RE: Personalised status shortcut - by (V)oribundenVampir on 06-26-2006 at 05:46 PM
RE: Personalised status shortcut - by MiSP on 06-29-2006 at 11:45 AM
RE: Personalised status shortcut - by (V)oribundenVampir on 06-29-2006 at 12:35 PM
RE: Personalised status shortcut - by RaceProUK on 06-29-2006 at 03:29 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: