What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Display Picture Saver

Display Picture Saver
Author: Message:
The Brain

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Display Picture Saver
**UPDATE** Version 0.80

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. The newest version fixes various problems, including the /getall problem people have been reporting (sorry, that was my fault, should have picked that up!)

Also includes an update notifier, so you will be alerted when a new version is released (checks each time you sign in - can be turned off).

Various other minor fixes and updates, and some of the code was made more sensible (and some was probably made worse!)

Menu items for a few common commands have been added.

You can read all about it at [url]http://dhowes.blogspot.com/2006/08/dpget.html
[/url].

Also see the Scripts Database (May not be updated for a day or so)

**UPDATE** Version 0.75 (Yes, these build numbers aren't predictable....)

Biggest change here is /dpautoget. It checks your contacts every 5 minutes (can be changed) for changed disply pictures, and saves them. The system is not entirely robust, it only checks the path names of the temporarily stored DPs, to see if they are different. But in testing it seems to hold up pretty well. I imagine whenever the cache gets cleared, The DPs will be saved again as "updated", but that's what happens.

If this is turned on, it can also (optionally) add an event to the Event Viewer that the DP was changed.

I think it's new with this version too that all user preferences are saved per user in the registry. So, multiple users on the computer can save DPs to different folders, with different settings.

See the readme.txt in the Scripts folder for all the details (or access it via the command /dphelp)

**UPDATE** Version 0.51
Updated the script, with a few new commands (/dpimitate, /dpgetall) a lot more customisation for folders (give folders nick names, organise folders by username, email address, first half of email address, date) and file names (append date and time to file name).

Various commands now take email addresses as a paramter, so you can save other people's pics (they must be on your list and have a DP), not just the ones in the chat window.

eg1 /dpget user1@b.com user2@c.com user3@g.com
eg2 /dpimitate user2@blah.com

Errors are also handled a lot better now. A little taost will politely inform you if something went wrong.

I'll update this later with better instructions. And I'll submit it to the database then too.

**Original Post**

Hey all

This is my first script, and it's not really finished, but I thought I'd share it and see what you think. It is a Display Picture Saver, completely command based at the moment, although I do hope to do a GUI eventually.

The basic command is "/getdp" which will save the Display Picture of the other person in the current chat in a pre defined location. The default location is "c:\Display Pics" but this can be changed. The command is "/dpsethome <path>".

Each file name is appended with a number so that repeated calls to /getdp will save the pictures in separate files. The default file name is the contacts display name. But you can give each contact an individual nickname to be used as the file name instead. The command is "/dpsetnick <name>".

Each contacts Display Pics can also be saved in individual folders within the home directory, one folder per email address. This is off by default, but turn it on with the command "/dpemailsort" and turn it off with "/dpnoemailsort".

Finally, you can reset the count of the files with the command "/dpresetcount". This would most likely be useful if you change the directory or the a nickname, and want the cound to start at one again.

I haven't tested it at all in group conversations, so use with care. I'm really not sure what will happen, and which commands will do anything. Otherwise things should mostly work if you treat it right, but if you try and break things, you will be able to!

I have a few options I want to implement still, but give me your suggestions too. I want to improve it and make it useful.

Dallin

.plsc File Attachment: DPGet 0.80.plsc (11.29 KB)
This file has been downloaded 686 time(s).

This post was edited on 08-26-2006 at 09:46 AM by The Brain.
06-26-2006 04:37 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Display Picture Saver - by The Brain on 06-26-2006 at 04:37 PM
RE: Display Picture Saver - by Voldemort on 06-26-2006 at 04:39 PM
RE: Display Picture Saver - by deAd on 06-26-2006 at 04:46 PM
RE: RE: Display Picture Saver - by The Brain on 06-26-2006 at 05:03 PM
RE: Display Picture Saver - by Michi on 06-26-2006 at 10:59 PM
RE: Display Picture Saver - by The Brain on 07-06-2006 at 05:33 AM
RE: Display Picture Saver - by BunnY_ on 07-06-2006 at 11:34 AM
RE: Display Picture Saver - by andrey on 07-15-2006 at 07:52 AM