What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Logs encryption problem

Logs encryption problem
Author: Message:
.d3flec+0r

O.P. Logs encryption problem
First of all, congratz on such a nice project and cheers to all the people who keep it runnin' :) . I was wondering if u could try to help me with this problem .. i already saw a few threads concerning this thematics so i'll try to explain it plain and simple. The thing is, when i try to encrypt my generated logs (i'm using newest MSN Live Messenger + MP!L) i get this error msg : 'Sorry, the cryptographic key could not be generated on this computer.' .. since this isn't much helpfull, i tried googling it and found some more info about the MS win Crypto API that MP!L uses so i thought maybe i could troubleshoot to c if smth is wrong with the necessary cabinet files since i found this entry on MS MSDN website :

The CryptoAPI Architecture
Figure 2 presents a simplified view of the CryptoAPI system architecture. The abstract engine in Figure 1 is implemented by the functions defined in the header file wincrypt.h and exported by advapi32.dll. These functions allow you to encrypt and decrypt files as well as store and verify digital certificates from documents. (The functions for verifying certificates and creating/parsing messages live in crypt32.dll.) The good news is that your application doesn't need to worry about encryption algorithms, private or public keys, and other low-level details. Encrypting a file is not much harder than drawing a bitmap inside a window.

Then again, i already checked the crypt32.dll and advapi32.dll which "hold" these functions and using that other program i found on this forum (http://shoutbox.menthix.net/attachment.php?pid=589097) for encrypting/decrypting logs seems to work just fine .. i suppose it uses the same MS Crypto API interface, so i was suprised to see it working actually. The question is .. is this some sort of a bug in internals of MP!L or i'm doing something wrong ? Thank you for your time and patience and plz forgive me if i made any mistake .. it's 3.26 and i'm going mad =). Thx again !
09-26-2006 01:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Logs encryption problem - by .d3flec+0r on 09-26-2006 at 01:29 AM
RE: Logs encryption problem - by .d3flec+0r on 10-21-2006 at 10:19 PM
RE: Logs encryption problem - by CookieRevised on 10-22-2006 at 01:59 AM
RE: Logs encryption problem - by .d3flec+0r on 11-01-2006 at 12:02 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites