What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » How can i record history of all users that login MSN.plus in my computer.

How can i record history of all users that login MSN.plus in my computer.
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: How can i record history of all users that login MSN.plus in my computer.
quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
As far as I understand, you want to read their chat logs without their notice.
He doesn't want to read the chat logs of other the other users perse, he wants to log who uses Messenger.

quote:
Originally posted by Narong
How can i record history of all users that login MSN.plus in my computer.
This can be done by either enabling the Event Viewer for each user (and new users), either making a very very small script (which will run for each user anyways) or, if you don't care about when they signed in, just look at the stored emails in the registry subkey HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\Messenger Plus! Live.

--

Or you can even log it without the use of Messenger Plus!.

For this you need to enable the connection logging of Windows Live Messenger:
Tools > Options > Connection > Advanced Settings > Save a log of my server connections to help troubleshoot connection problems.

After that, the log, named "MsnMsgr.txt", can be found in the directory of the transfered/received files (which can be found here: Tools > Options > File Transfer). Look for lines with "Zone_HotmailService In CHotmailService::Logon" in the log.

This (debug) log even contains far more info than just their email address (it includes buddies, personal messages, nick names, etc, almost every aspect of Messenger can be logged. And an extreme lot of things can be configured/traced/turned on or off).

This post was edited on 07-14-2007 at 01:44 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-14-2007 12:53 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
How can i record history of all users that login MSN.plus in my computer. - by Narong on 07-11-2007 at 04:28 PM
RE: How can i record history of all users that login MSN.plus in my computer. - by ahmetgns on 07-13-2007 at 08:04 PM
RE: How can i record history of all users that login MSN.plus in my computer. - by Narong on 07-13-2007 at 08:16 PM
RE: How can i record history of all users that login MSN.plus in my computer. - by CookieRevised on 07-14-2007 at 12:53 AM
RE: How can i record history of all users that login MSN.plus in my computer. - by Narong on 07-14-2007 at 05:23 PM
RE: How can i record history of all users that login MSN.plus in my computer. - by Patchou on 07-14-2007 at 05:27 PM

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: