What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Remembering Status

Remembering Status
Author: Message:
CddP

O.P. Remembering Status

Can msn or Messenger Plus! remember my status so that next time i sign in it will set my status as that which it was last time i signed out?

i.e If i was set to appear offline before i signed out last time i used msn, it will set my status to appear offline automatically next time i sign in.(H)
09-23-2004 09:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Remembering Status
There is a plug-in that remembers your last status, but it will change your status after signing in. That means that you will always appear 'online' first, and then your status gets changed. The plug-in is called StatusSaver, and you can download it here.

Put the file that is in the zip file in your plugins directory, and close (Exit) MSN Messenger and reopen it. Now, after you change your status to something else and you sign off, a file OldStatus.dat will be made (if I remember correctly, in the plug-ins folder) and when you sign on again, it will change your status very fast.
If you wish to always change your status to a specific one after signing in, set your status to that one, sign out and make the OldStatus.dat file read-only ;)

For signing in as appear offline, this is not a very good solution: you will always appear as 'online' first, before the plug-in changes your status. To sign in as appear offline, there are other methods: CookieRevised described them all at CookieRevised's reply to how to sign in on appear offline? :)
09-23-2004 09:12 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: