What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN file transfer

MSN file transfer
Author: Message:
KX36

O.P. MSN file transfer
hi guys. I have gotten very annyed with MSN file transfer speed. I have DU meter, so i can show you what it does.
[Image: annoying crap that MSN messenger transfer does.gif]

(vertical lines are minute intervals, the line at the top shows my internet's top speed, which is labelled at the side in KB/s)

I have 750kbps download speed on my broadband. for the first 20 seconds, the file goes quite quickly. then after that, the little yellow box appears teling me that i can find some reasons why the transfer goes so patheticaly slow.

I know it's not stuff like firewalls like that little yellow box says, because it goes at a good speed at the start of the transfer, and sometimes (as in this one) the good speed can come back. but it seems to do little spikes of 10KB every 5 seconds for no apparent reason as soon as the little box appears.

Does anyone konw why this is? what i can do about it? if there's somit on plus that can help me (e.g. a plugin)?

This post was edited on 01-22-2005 at 09:23 AM by KX36.
01-22-2005 09:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
RE: MSN file transfer
i know what you mean, for some reason its slow as hell, its like being back on Dialup again . , i think there is a Plugin that may speed it up, i dont know, have a look in the Plugins Directory
01-22-2005 09:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

34 / Male / Flag
RE: MSN file transfer
File Transfer Plus may help with this. Both you and your contact need to have it installed. It sends files using a different interface (look in the Plus! > Plugin menu in a conversation) in my experience it has faster results. I hope this helps :)
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
01-22-2005 09:28 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
KX36

O.P. RE: MSN file transfer
ta, guys. that might be helpful, except nobody i know has it. oh well :P i'll get it anyway
01-22-2005 09:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: