What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » start pc - pop up - must install M Plus

start pc - pop up - must install M Plus
Author: Message:
red cat

O.P. start pc - pop up - must install M Plus
Hello!

I have a problem which is very sinewy.

Every time when I put on my pc, a pop up window is coming with this text: Messenger Plus! has not been installed on this system. Please download and install the setup packag of this program.

If I click on the OK-button the Internet Explorer open and I'm coming on the side of Messenger Plus! where I can download it. But I dont want to download it.

I have used earlier msn messenger but now I'm very infrequent on this pc and don't use the messenger. And I dont want this pop up window.

So please can you help me?

Mery X-Mas and thank you very much

red cat
12-25-2006 12:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: start pc - pop up - must install M Plus
See Problem #2:
Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
12-25-2006 01:00 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
red cat

O.P. RE: start pc - pop up - must install M Plus
I did that on #2 but the pop up window is not away. And my English is not so good.

:(
12-25-2006 01:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: start pc - pop up - must install M Plus
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
See Problem #2:
Solution to problems installing Msg Plus! Live- READ BEFORE POSTING
Has got nothing todo with that though. And also, that sticky page is VERY inaccurate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by red cat
Every time when I put on my pc, a pop up window is coming with this text: Messenger Plus! has not been installed on this system. Please download and install the setup packag of this program.

If I click on the OK-button the Internet Explorer open and I'm coming on the side of Messenger Plus! where I can download it. But I dont want to download it.

I have used earlier msn messenger but now I'm very infrequent on this pc and don't use the messenger. And I dont want this pop up window.
First determine what you actually want:

Do you want Messenger Plus! to be uninstalled?
Do you want Messenger Plus! still to be there (but working)?

Also, if an error message says that you need to re-download and re-install to fix the error, you probably want to do that. That instruction is not shown for nothing ;)

Anyways,

Always try to state error messages as accurate as possible, and if possible provide a screenshot. Also, always provide the version numbers of the software involved.

Not doing this means we can't give to-the-point support and we must guess things.

As it is, and after some calculated guesses, I believe the error message you're seeing is:
"Messenger Plus! has not been installed properly on this system.
Please download and install the setup package of this program."

This error message comes from Messenger Plus! 3 and is most likely (again guessing) shown because there is some incompatibility between Messenger Plus! 3 and the version of MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger you're using.

So to be able to further help you, you need to find out:

- Is MSN Messenger still installed?
If so, what is the exact version number of it. You'll find the exact and complete version number in the menu Help > About Messenger

- Is Windows Live Messenger installed?
If so, what is the exact version number of it. You'll find the exact and complete version number in the menu Help > About Messenger

- Have you ever installed Messenger Plus! Live (this is Messenger Plus! 4)?

- Have you ever installed any other addons for MSN Messenger and/or Windows Live Messenger, like SmileyCentral, SweetIM, MSN Content Plus, etc?

- Have you ever tried to install more than 1 version of Messenger and run it side by side?

This post was edited on 12-25-2006 at 02:02 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-25-2006 01:57 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: