What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Strange Error 80072745

Strange Error 80072745
Author: Message:
otis_b

O.P. Strange Error 80072745
Hey Guys,

I have a laptop that has MSN live messenger 8.1 installed, and this connects without any problems when I am connected to the internet via my broadband connection.

However, i am also able to use my mobile phone as a modem to get an internet connection from my laptop.

When i connect to the internet via my phone, i get the Error 80072745 message "We were unable to sign you into live messenger, possibly a problem with your internet connection". I run through the troubleshooter and it comes back with no problems! I can browse the net without any probs.

I have checked my windows firewall entries and this is all set as it should be. I presume everything is set up ok as i have no problems connecting to msn messenger when using any other internet connection. It's just when accessing it from my phone.

So far i have tried re installing msn, checked my firewall etc...not sure what else to try.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Otis Brown.
06-24-2007 09:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Strange Error 80072745
Reading the problem on another forum, here are the solutions...
quote:
It appears to have fixed itself. No idea why. It just... works.
quote:
Mine also just started working, i think it may have been an error with my computers clock!
http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windows/t-49328-me...blem-80072745.html

Try this...
quote:
This is sometimes caused by the cache left on Internet Explorer. If your internet's working fine, then follow these steps. Otherwise, skip the bullet-points and read below.

* Close MSN Messenger
    * Open Internet Explorer. Set it to work offline (File -> Work Offline)
    * Close Internet Explorer and reopen it. Now set it to work online (File -> Work Offline [Untick]).
    * Open Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> type "cmd" and hit enter)
    * Type "ipconfig /flushdns". You should recieve a message that your DNS has been successfully flushed.
    * You should now be able to connect to MSN Messenger. Open MSN and see if the problem is fixed. If it is, stop reading!

If the problem is not yet fixed, it's likely you've got a problem with your internet connection as the error actually says. To do this, you may want to:

* Reboot your router or modem (if it's a USB modem, try unplugging and plugging it back in).
    * Rebooting your computer

Rebooting your computer, router and modem will fix it for certain, however this takes time. You may want to try the Internet Explorer trick first.

Also, read this... http://www.imzers.com/msn/solve/error-code-81000314

This post was edited on 06-24-2007 at 09:15 PM by Chris4.
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
06-24-2007 09:14 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
otis_b

O.P. RE: Strange Error 80072745
I have tried all of these steps in the past but with no luck.

When i connect via any normal internet connection, MSN Messenger works.

Its just when i connect via my phone i get these problems.

Otis
06-24-2007 09:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: