What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus not loaded after exiting and relaunching WLM.

Messenger Plus not loaded after exiting and relaunching WLM.
Author: Message:
ugeneleow

O.P. Messenger Plus not loaded after exiting and relaunching WLM.
Hi everybody, I have encountered a problem here and I hope that this problem might be solved.

My Windows Live Messenger (WLM) would have no problem loading the Messenger Plus! Live software when I have just powered on my computer - I have set WLM to auto-load and login whenever I power on my PC.

Sometimes,  I would exit WLM so as to ensure that I can get maximum internet bandwidth for my games and such. However, after gaming or finishing what I want to do, when I go to the usual Start Menu > All Programs > Windows Live Messenger, WLM would load up, but I would not be able to see the coloured nicknames and such that my friends use; I can only see the code of the colour. My Messenger Plus would have a problem loading; under the Plus! tab, it would state "Software not loaded".

[Image: MSN_Error1.jpg]

[Image: MSN_Error.jpg]

I only encounter this problem whenever I exit my WLM and re-launch it. Although this is just a minor problem, I have encountered this problem too quite some time ago, which is a couple of patches back. So, this might be a possible glitch or bug that Plus! might have.

Anybody with the knowledge on how to deal with my little trouble here please reply ASAP! It would be appreciated!

Note: I did use other 3rd party programs like Mess-patch in my current WLM but this problem was still here even if I didn't use those programs. Also, I don't have SmileyCentral or SweetIM installed.

Thanks a lot and have a good day!
02-15-2008 08:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus not loaded after exiting and relaunching WLM.
quote:
Originally posted by ugeneleow
Note: I did use other 3rd party programs like Mess-patch in my current WLM but this problem was still here even if I didn't use those programs.
Try doing this:
1) uninstall WLM and Messenger Plus!
2) delete their folders in program files
3) download and install them again
lets see if it works
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
02-15-2008 09:32 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus not loaded after exiting and relaunching WLM.
Did you try disabling safe mode?

The problem you're experiencing seems to come from a software loaded after Messenger when your computer stars. The option mentionned above may fix the problem. If not, try to find the program that's causing the issue :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-15-2008 11:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ugeneleow

O.P. RE: Messenger Plus not loaded after exiting and relaunching WLM.
Haha. Thanks for the replies. I think I have resolved this problem already; I just pressed the repair button at the Add/Remove Programs instead of uninstalling & reinstalling the entire Messenger Plus! and I think that the possibly corrupted files has been replaced by the working ones. Once again, thanks a lot! :D
02-15-2008 11:20 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: