What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » File Shareing Plugin (Release)

Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
File Shareing Plugin (Release)
Author: Message:
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
RE: File Shareing Plugin (Release)
Neat , I would like to have a look at the source code :)
12-16-2003 02:59 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Yarman

Hello!
Sorry for my english: i'm french.
I've installed this file sharing plugin, and when i turn it on messenger uses 100% of the prossessor, and I can't do nothing but shut off messenger....

got MSN messenger 6.1.02.07 and Plus! 2.54.74

thx
01-25-2004 10:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Nitemistress

Do your parents know you read this?

66 / Female / –
Actually I've been having some problems with it since installing it today as well. Have just now had to restart Messenger three times then reboot my whole computer. Had my friend install it as well and was able to view his list but he can't view mine and not sure if he is experiencing the same problem I have but when I got back from my reboot he was gone.  Until I hear some feedback I will have to uninstall it though don't really want to. TIA for any help.
01-26-2004 02:31 AM
Pleh

VB Programmer

38 / Male / –
O.P. RE: File Shareing Plugin (Release)
Do you have a software or hardware firewall? i have had no problems like these using it myself, what specs are your PCs? can you give as much information as possible so that we might be able to find out what the problem is.

Also i am going to start work on my plugin again, i will be adding a few new features these include...

A search function /xrsearch <whatever here>
A folder change function so that /xrfolder <folder path eg. "folder1\folder2\">will only list files in a certain folder
A toast to show the status of the plugin /xrstatus
A counter that keeps a record of file requests /xrstats

I know a few of you have started playing with my source code to tweak my plugin to your likeing, if you can think of any other features that you would like to see in Plehs File Shareing Plugin v2.0 then please leave some comments. also if you have some modifyed source you want to send me so i can integrate it into 2.0 and put your name on the options screen send me an email (plehxp@hotmail.com)

I hope i can get most of these features working soon.

Finnaly i have been informmed of a way to get my plugin working so that you dont even need messenger plus on the recieveing PC. it will take a little tweaking but i think it is possible. this will open up new possibilities for those of you that cannot for some reason install Messenger plus on the pc you want to recieve a file on, for example a public pc or in school maby, i have had alot of requests for this and if i get ti working... woohoo :)
[Image: file.gif] Attatchment: PlehFileSharing1.2.exe (364.65 KB)
01-28-2004 03:35 PM
Nitemistress

66 / Female / –
Not running a firewall *bad I know :\* but my friend and I have exact same set ups: XP Pro, latest versions of Messenger as well as Plus!, and our systems are exactly the same except I have way more hard drive and ram than him :P

Both of us had the same thing: caused problems with messenger itself, would freeze up or sign us out completely, one or the other of us could only see the files but access when granted wouldn't work. Once we both uninstalled the plug in everything else returned to normal. Will wait for newer version of this to try again.
01-29-2004 03:37 AM
Pleh

VB Programmer

38 / Male / –
I have added all the extra functions i wanted and they all work great appart from the search function, at the moment you have to know the exact filename of the file you want and it will only return 1 result if anyone can help with a search function please contact me.

also Nitemistress i think i know what your problem is, does it only start to use up all your processor power when somone asks for a file list? and have you left the shared folder as c:\ and do you have only 1 partition? you said it only happens for you not your friend and you have a bigger hard disk, do you have loads of files on your hard disk?

basically what im getting at is when someone asks for a list the plugin will make a complete list of every file in the shared folder in this case probably C: which if you have a large hard disk can be up to 100,000 files easilly this will cause your PC to have a heart attack, you should specify a folder to share instead of your complete hard disk, that should fix your problem.

I will be making an installer for Plehs File Sharing v2.0 when i have got a better search function in place and people have given more feedback. Here is the dll for it so far, if you dont know how to use it search around the forums on how to register dlls.

.zip File Attachment: PlehFileSharingVB.zip (33.06 KB)
This file has been downloaded 537 time(s).
01-29-2004 12:33 PM
Nitemistress

66 / Female / –
Good point Pleh but he used his smallest drive and I have two physical drives, the smaller one partitioned and I used the smallest partition on it. If I left it as my C then forget the heart attack, we'd be holding the funeral lol Will see about this later when I talk to him. Thanks
01-29-2004 06:45 PM
Yarman

I got a 650 Duron, 384Mo of RAM, win XP and Kerio presonal firewall
I just share a folder containing a lot of files....
01-29-2004 09:25 PM
Pleh

VB Programmer

38 / Male / –
and does it work for you? i tried sharing a folder containing 10 gig of mp3s and my computer took about 5 mins to get the list. and that was on this pc...

Athlon XP 3000+
250 gig hard disk space
512 DDR 3200 ram
[Image: file.gif] Attatchment: PlehFileSharing1.2.exe (364.65 KB)
02-01-2004 10:40 PM
Yarman

Ok, so it's not surprising....

I'll do  another test in a few days... and repport you what happen!

02-08-2004 10:54 PM
Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: