What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support)

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
UPDATED: vbscript plugin host to Scripting Host V2 for MP!3 (with JScript support)
Author: Message:
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: vbscript plugin host
No problems with it in Plus!3. It works fine. Although the examples aren't very usefull, they show exactly how to make "plugins" in vbscript with this plugin...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-16-2004 03:38 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
robintw

Hi

Hah....can you give me some example code for running an external program when a contact signs in. I have VB6.0.

Thanks in advance

Robin
07-03-2004 07:23 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hah

Im in a good mood - take advantage!

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: vbscript plugin host
quote:
Originally posted by robintw
Hi

Hah....can you give me some example code for running an external program when a contact signs in. I have VB6.0.

Thanks in advance

Robin

Sure, here you go.

:)

Hah

Edit: Sorry, left a dirty line of code in.

.zip File Attachment: signinclean.zip (1.8 KB)
This file has been downloaded 356 time(s).

This post was edited on 07-03-2004 at 08:28 PM by Hah.
This post was brought to you by Hah!
(and he takes no responsibility for it :p)

[Image: signatures.jpg]

{Current Web Site}
07-03-2004 08:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lepr

37 / Male / –
I'm making a vb plugin for this but i can only seem to get it to output 1 message. If anyone knows how to output multiple messages please let me know :D
12-01-2004 01:05 PM
Martijn.

Previously known as |\/|artij|\|

34 / Male / –
RE: RE: vbscript plugin host
quote:
Originally posted by lepr
I'm making a vb plugin for this but i can only seem to get it to output 1 message. If anyone knows how to output multiple messages please let me know :D

If I remember correctly, that feature was added in a later version of the Messenger Plus! API, then the API in wich this plugin was build, so it doesn't support it yet.

Also, I would like to ask if there's ever going to be an updated version, I don't like begging for plugins, but a version with support for the latest Plus! API would really motivate me to start creating stuff again:).
"If freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will have freedom."
12-01-2004 08:17 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
try sending Hah a mail, since he's not been here for a few months ;)
It will be indeed a nice thing if it was updated to the latest API.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-01-2004 08:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hah

37 / Male / –
O.P. RE: vbscript plugin host
Hello there!!!

Good news, a new version is gonna be programmed up as soon as I can, fully compatible with the new api and name changing etc.

Bad news, I lost the source code (very unorganised) but somewhere in this house there are many backup cd's and dvds which I will trawl through to find it. If I can't then you can expect a brand new, better than ever version.

Why? Thank martijn.bruinenberg and a couple of emails (u know who you are) for getting me off my backside and back into coding, ive been to busy trying to get my grades up in college and keeping the girlfriend happy that I've neglected what I love doing. For now, I'm back, but for how long i don't know, so If you have any suggestions, say them now, no matter how stupid you might think they are and il see wot i can do :D.

Have fun, Tah,

Hah

{Current Web Site}
12-03-2004 12:53 PM
Martijn.

Previously known as |\/|artij|\|

34 / Male / –
RE: RE: vbscript plugin host
quote:
Originally posted by Hah
martijn.bruinenberg
Hey, that's me:o).

Thanks Hah:bow:, I hope you find your source code back soon;).

This post was edited on 12-03-2004 at 04:16 PM by Martijn..
"If freedom is outlawed, only outlaws will have freedom."
12-03-2004 04:12 PM
lepr

37 / Male / –
great :d lookin forward to it ...i dno if the new api will allow for a function such as SendMessage(), but if it doesn't could you get that in there? :D ..oh and when the update is released could you leave a message in this thread so i dont miss it :D ta

EDIT: Also is it possible to tell when a message is received and what the message is?

This post was edited on 12-04-2004 at 07:06 PM by lepr.
12-03-2004 06:12 PM
Hah

37 / Male / –
O.P. UPDATE: Scripting Host v2 for Messenger Plus! 3
Hey every1,

Just to let you know I've updated vbscript plugin host (Lets call it scripting host). I think I've done enough to raise the major version number from one to two.

This update is a beta version like the first version always was (:p) but hopefully il get this to a release standard.

I have made a simple self extracting installer which will do all the work for most users. Well all except those with a nondefault plugin directory location. This is attached to this post.

Please use the update log and the examples to see what has changed.

The update includes:

• Old scripts should work find with this version, if they dont, just add a blank  GetPublishInfo sub, that should do the job, i.e.
    code:
    Sub GetPublishInfo
    End Sub
  • New Sub (GetPublishInfo) in vbscripts to allow commands and tags to be listed, with help commands and etc.
  • New 'Helper' class which will help with developing more advanced plugins. It will allow you to change the users friendly name cleanly through the plus api. You will be able to Display Toasts with the full options of the Plus Api. The Helper class is self explanatory, it basically implements everything from the MPPluginConst.bas module for VB6. It also includes two other functions AddCommand and AddTag which can only be called during GetPublishInfo, these functions are what allow you to add commands to the Plus! Menu.
  • Examples have been heavily updated and are a bit more advanced although still do not demostrate the potential power for making a useful plugin quickly
  • Touched up the code to give a huge speed improvement.
  • VBScripts are now loaded on Initialize.
  • Added more error handling, if a script has an error in it, an advanced error dialog will be shown showing the exact error in the script and location etc. Also, an error by one script will not affect all the other scripts, they will continue to run. Also, the error'ed plugin if possible will remain in memory so working functions within the script can still be called
  • NOTE: If an error occurs in GetPublishInfo or a syntax error occurs the script will not be loaded into memory and initialized, however the advanced error dialog will still show you what is wrong with the script.
  • I have removed some ActiveX references and needless untidy code so the dll should be smaller and more reliable.

UPDATE AGAIN: Jscript support has now been added, please see the following post for the new build with JScript.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=20...d=348297#pid348297

.exe File Attachment: PlugHostV2.exe (54.55 KB)
This file has been downloaded 340 time(s).

This post was edited on 12-17-2004 at 01:15 PM by Hah.

{Current Web Site}
12-17-2004 12:39 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: