What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » email glitching

email glitching
Author: Message:
maze

O.P. email glitching
ok this is really annoying me8o|.  i let my friends use my computer and they sign into messenger than sign off without checking their emails in their inbox so on the welcome screen it says i have a 100 uncheck emails. what a pain:(. so i go into the registery and change all the mail accounts to 0.  but now i have this problem and when i check my mail then the number stays on my messenger list and it says i still have mail in my inbox and i just barely got done deleting it ... any help to solve this problem would be nice.  i dont think it was msgplus but i had msgplus install when i started having the problems.  anyways thnx for the help!:D

i was having the same problem as Devinci Rider but i solved that now i'm having a different problem and its the mail on my contact list doesnt update after i check the mail in my inbox :S

Patchou your a genius i know you can help me:P!!!

This post was edited on 02-25-2004 at 05:07 AM by maze.
02-25-2004 04:54 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: email glitching
Microsoft Windows issues

[Image: unread-mail.png]

To delete/reset the value shown on the welcome screen:
(note that this isn't a Messenger Plus! problem)

Go to your registry (Start > Run... > regedit) and...

To reset the count for an individual emailaddress:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail\<The E-Mail Address>
In the right pane modify MessageCount: Change it to 0.

To reset the count for all emailaddress:
Same as above, but do it for all emailaddresses. Or simply delete the entire branch:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail

Make the expiration for the emailcount higher/lower:
Even if mail is read it could be that it still is shown as unread in the welcome screen for a couple of days. This number of days can be set like so:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail
In the right pane modify MessageExpiryDays: Change it to 0 or the numbers of days you would prefer.

To change it machine wide (thus for all users on the PC):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail
In the right pane modify MessageExpiryDays: Change it to 0 or the numbers of days you would prefer.

See also:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;831403
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q304/1/48.asp

MSN Messenger & Messenger Plus!

The mailcount shows the total mails not the total of unread mails:
quote:
The mailchecker counts how many mails that are in the mailbox, not how many unread mails there are.
This is a limitation of your mailserver, not from Messenger Plus!; some servers can not distinguish between read mails and unread mails and thus return the number of total emails. Messenger Plus! can't do anything about it; it is your mail server itself that is having problems sticking to the POP3 protocol. The only solution is to move your read mails to another folder which isn't counted or to delete your read mails from the server.

In case of Gmail see also "MsgPlus! 3.50 Pop3 Gmail Limitations". Note that Gmail has even greater problems when it comes down to the POP3 protocol.

The mailcount doesn't show the correct number:
I want to add/remove the hotmail emailcount when I use the POP3-feature:

Both questions/problems have the same cause and solution: In Messenger Plus! you can set a special registry key for this: POPAddHotmail (only when you're using MSN Messenger 6 or below).

You can enable or disable this by using Choli's Plus! Tweaker, or by going to the registry to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<The E-Mail Address>\Preferences
and add or change POPAddHotmail.
- If you set it to true (1), the hotmail emailcount will be added to the POP3 emailcount.
- If you set it to false (0), the hotmail emailcount will not be used and you will get only the POP3 emailcount (provided your server returns the correct unread emails of course, see above).
- This registry setting is only for MSN Messenger 6 and below.

This post was edited on 03-29-2005 at 12:50 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
07-26-2004 11:08 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: