What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Auto-Messages takes focus

Auto-Messages takes focus
Author: Message:
FineWolf

Space Artist

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Auto-Messages takes focus
When you send an away-message (and the window is not existant before), that window will automaticly take focus.

Quite annoying when you are in a game and your game minimizes.
[Image: spacesigkj4.png]
05-24-2004 02:15 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Auto-Messages takes focus
Focus means it becomes the window on top.

I thought there were some topics about this earlier, search around the forums, FineWolf.
05-24-2004 02:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
FineWolf

Space Artist

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Auto-Messages takes focus
quote:
Originally posted by Ddunk
Focus means it becomes the window on top.

I thought there were some topics about this earlier, search around the forums, FineWolf.

Nope, first topic. Was not doing this under P!2
05-24-2004 03:17 AM
Sk3tch
Veteran Member

We are Samurai, the keyboard cowboys

38 / Male / –
Im not sure if this stands as a Bug Report but i can see what you mean.

I think the idea of the away-message is that you are intended as "away" so you wouldn't be expected at your computer (playing a game or whatever)

Either way, maybe someone will have more of an insite into this. But i don't see it as a Bug unless it never used to do this, and im sure it did.
Sk3tch@Microsoft.com - Email
- 53 6B 33 74 63 68 34 64@hotmail.com - Messenger
05-24-2004 03:44 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
FineWolf

Space Artist

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sk3tch
Im not sure if this stands as a Bug Report but i can see what you mean.

I think the idea of the away-message is that you are intended as "away" so you wouldn't be expected at your computer (playing a game or whatever)

Either way, maybe someone will have more of an insite into this. But i don't see it as a Bug unless it never used to do this, and im sure it did.

Well, I used with Messenger Plus! 2 to have a busy message for when I play games. It said something like "I can't use MSN Messenger right now, but you can always contact via phone at: "

Now with Messenger Plus! 3, when I use an auto-message, everytime I receive a new message, the window takes focus, minimizing my game.

It's seems that Patchou just forgot to recode the part where it prevents the window from taking focus.
05-24-2004 02:11 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Sk3tch
nah, as FineWolf said, your status can be busy (or a personalised one) and you may want to leave an automessage.
quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf
It's seems that Patchou just forgot to recode the part where it prevents the window from taking focus.
i don't think so. I remember a bug where in some cases messenger chrashed with dodgy automessages... I've reported it and i think then patchou changed that, and made the window get the focus to avoid such things. However, I'm sure he can do something about this....
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
05-24-2004 02:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
FineWolf

Space Artist

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
i don't think so. I remember a bug where in some cases messenger chrashed with dodgy automessages... I've reported it and i think then patchou changed that, and made the window get the focus to avoid such things. However, I'm sure he can do something about this....

Maybe like anoption to disable this safety net... or make it take focus only if the error appears once.
05-24-2004 02:37 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Maybe like anoption to disable this safety net... or make it take focus only if the error appears once.
i'm not sure if he made the conversation window get the focus in order he can avoid the bug, however, if that's the case, once the error happens it's too late to make the window get the focus (because the window gets the focus so a message box is properly shown modal to that window...)
05-24-2004 02:44 PM
FineWolf

Space Artist

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
i'm not sure if he made the conversation window get the focus in order he can avoid the bug, however, if that's the case, once the error happens it's too late to make the window get the focus (because the window gets the focus so a message box is properly shown modal to that window...)

Maybe, but it could set a Registry Value to True (1) when that error happens once, and the next time it happens, the window will take focus.
05-24-2004 02:55 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Maybe, but it could set a Registry Value to True (1) when that error happens once, and the next time it happens, the window will take focus.
that's not the behaviour of a professional program, lol. Plus can avoid that bug... it can't say "it won't happen, I'll fix next time" :P People won't like plus. It's the same as if Windows BSODs once and the next time it does something to not show the blue screen. Also, note that the bug was a serious one. Messenger crashes and closes...

Anyway, I understand you and your problem. I hope Patchou does something to solve that.
05-24-2004 07:25 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: