What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Windows Messenger Starts Auto When i Start Msg Plus

Windows Messenger Starts Auto When i Start Msg Plus
Author: Message:
rlgnak

O.P. Windows Messenger Starts Auto When i Start Msg Plus
When Ever I Start Up Msg Plus Windows Messenger Icon On The Taskbar Appears I Can Close It And All But I Dont Even Have Windows Messenger On My Computer Its Not In Program Files Its Been Uninstalled And Its Not Installed In Windows Components.. This Only Happenins With Msg Plus No Other Progam Any Help? :D

Msg Plus : 3.25.106
Msn Messenger : 6.2
10-26-2004 07:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Messenger Starts Auto When i Start Msg Plus
First of all, if it is started up then it is obviously not "uninstalled". Also, you wont always find it in the Windows Components.

Several things that can cause this:

* Proberly because you are using some kind of Messenger Plus Plugin. To find out which plugin, disable each plugin one by one and restart MSN Messenger (after closing completely Windows Messenger each time)

When the plugin is found, uninstall that plugin.

Nothing can be done to prevent Windows Messenger from starting. Don't uninstall, or rename the folder of Windows Messenger. This will not solve the problem; although Windows Messenger wont startup anymore, it will not fix the initial cause. If you do something like that, either the plugin will not work anymore or you will experience other problems.

You could however try the proper way of "disabling" Windows Messenger. Although this isn't a real solution as Windows Messenger will still be started up by the plugin, but it will fix some other issues you might have: "CookieRevised's reply to I am about to rip my hair out over MS Messanger"

* Messenger Plus itself is starting up Windows Messenger. But this will only be the case when you once have selected that Messenger Plus! needs to startup when you start up Windows. This is caused due improper settings or when reverting the option, something went wrong.

For a quickfix, go to your egistry and delete the key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\AutoMsg4Start

more detailed info on this: "CookieRevised's reply to Startupmonitor issue"

----

Note that without very detailed info and just by the aid of the forum, not much more can be suggested to help you as this is hard to explain and requires a bit of Windows/Registry knowledge to fix...

However, if you have Windows XP, then I could try Remote Assistence via Windows/MSN Messenger to help you out. In that case drop me an email.

PS: Don't use uppercase for each word in a sentence, it's annoying and hard to read...

This post was edited on 10-26-2004 at 11:57 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-26-2004 11:55 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: