What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Join the Messenger Plus! WhatPulse Team Today!

2 votes - 3 average   Join the Messenger Plus! WhatPulse Team Today!
Author: Message:
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. Cool  Join the Messenger Plus! WhatPulse Team Today!
What is WhatPulse?
  • Sure we have a fancy website, loads of stats and lotsa users, but many people still wonder what WhatPulse exactly is. This page tries to explain a bit more about what it is, a simple keycounter.
How does it work?
  • WhatPulse opens a so-called "keyhook" when it's booted, which listens to incoming Windows messages about the keyboard, the keyhook sends these messages to the program itself, and the program first determines if the key pressed is a proper key (Every standard keyboards' keys are counted) and then simply does PreviousKeyCount + 1.
  • Pulsing: When you "pulse", you're actually sending your keycounts in the program to the server along with other information about your Account, so the server can decide where to put the keycount. If the pulse goes according to plan, the server sends back an "OK", and the client's keycount is reset to 0 (zero), and your previous keys are added to your profile in the server database! :)
  • And for all you people who are thinking "oeh mi god a keylogger, no way!", well, exactly, No way. WhatPulse is not and never will be any sort of keylogger, it does not collect the keys you type, but only how many keys you type. (see our Privacy Policy)

Getting Started:

• Go here.
  • Signup, with your Messenger Plus! Forum name.
  • Download the software here
  • Then install  the WhatPulse software, and login and all that good stuff.
  • After you have got the program running and everything else go back  here , click on Teams on left side then when that loads on the right side of that teams page, search for "Messenger Plus!",  make sure you search for team not members ;-), Then join the team!

Signatures:

• Go to http://offbeat-zero.net/pulse/login.php and login using your WhatPulse username and password.
  • Click Customize your signature when you signed in.
  • I'm working on getting the Msgplus! signature back up.
  • Note: You may also edit anything else you want to.(not like anyone is going to stop you :) ).

The team & statistics can be found here

If you need any help once so ever, please just pm Sean :).

This post was edited on 09-03-2005 at 11:01 PM by RebelSean.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
08-03-2004 10:51 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Join the Messenger Plus! WhatPulse Team Today!
Announcement to all WhatPulse users, you must all update to the new version of WhatPulse. You need to go to the download page and download the newest version. Also, I would like to say that I have locked the team, with the team password as follows "msgplusrocks". So I guese you will need to use that password when joining the team. Also, to users who just join the team with a name not on the forum with high key counts. I have already kicked 2 members from the team today with 2,000,000 keys+ with a name that IS not found on the forum. So please join the team with your forum name.  You will be kicked from the team if you do not.

Thanks,

Sean

This post was edited on 10-15-2004 at 09:12 PM by RebelSean.
10-15-2004 09:11 PM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Join the Messenger Plus! WhatPulse Team Today!
First post has been updated with the new Signature Service for WhatPulse signatures. Also, as I said in the post, the Msgplus! signature has not been added and the dodgy upload background script is not working for me. I've contact them via the support forums to get it added and when it is I'll update the post.

Also, the team is no longer password protected so anyone who wants to be on the team can. No cheating please! Also, WDZ and Chris Boulton are team managers so if you need something, you can contact them also.

Current team stats:

The Messenger Plus! team has made 205,603,579 keystrokes, 71,895,657 clicks, and a 0.23% Team Percentage. We currently have 107 Team Members. Our current rank in the project is 42nd place.
09-03-2005 09:52 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: