What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature request: "Default custom contact names format" text field

Feature request: "Default custom contact names format" text field
Author: Message:
hennot

43 / Male / –
O.P. Feature request: "Default custom contact names format" text field
Hi!

Due to the fact that quite a few of my contacts like to play with their display names and the fact that I found myself every time clicking that "X has just signed in" message just to see who really just signed in, I have had to resort to using email addresses instead of display names.

Big was my joy when I discovered (!M) and (!N) tags. I spent a lot of time going over each contact and setting their custom name to "(!M) [(!N)]". Then I got home and did the same with my home computer and then to my terminal server MSN and then to my laptop.

Now I have reinstalled Windows to all of these computers. I know that I have an option to save config but I forget and also have a lot of new contacts. It is getting kind of annoying to redo that stuff, you know. So now I just use plain emails and miss all the fun in the display names. I really hope that I'm not going to miss some important information some day from someone's email address.

It would be fantastic, if the user could just specify the default format for custom contact names.
09-09-2004 12:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: