What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Lock Messenger Bug

Lock Messenger Bug
Author: Message:
Serek_Anauel

Hey! I'm trapped on this message!

– / Male / –
O.P. Lock Messenger Bug
Hey I am having a problem with the beta 3.01.96 and the Lock Messenger Feature. I am using Windows XP and have tried to replicate this bug in Windows Messenger 4.7.2009 (apparently it doesn't happen in MSN Messenger).

This is what happens:
I uninstall Plus! erasing all of my preferences and plug-ins. I restart my comp. I install the Beta. I sign in with my normal address "example@hotmail.com" (in Windows Messenger) and lock messenger. The "First Time" window appears and asks me for my password. I insert "betatest" and lock my messenger. I try to unlock it and type the password, it is unlocked.

So I sign out, and sign in with "example2@hotmail.com" (still in WM) and if I try to lock messenger, it doesn't show me the "First time" window! It locks itself with the last known password. If you try to unlock it with "betatest" it is unlocked.

This happens even if I unlock it, shut down completely WM and restart it. It doesn't happen in MSN. In there, it shows me the "First Time" screen in every mail.

I think it must be fixed in the next Plus! Version.
Thanks,

Anauel
09-12-2004 12:41 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Lock Messenger Bug
If you have the beta its best to email Patchou directly.
You dont have an Offical Tester sticker under your name so are you actually a Beta tester. If not please uninstall and wait for the actual release and leave the testing to the actual Testers.

Now when you sign out of Windows Messenger are you leaving it locked? Which is impossible because you cannot right click the icon for the menu to come up making it impossible to Sign Out. Or do you mean you sign out and re-lock Messenger and it still uses the same password.

Edit:
I have the current beta as I am a tester, and this doesn't happen. Please uninstall and wait for full release.

This post was edited on 09-12-2004 at 01:33 AM by matty.
09-12-2004 01:10 AM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
Thats a private build, how did u obtain it?
09-12-2004 01:11 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
guys, maybe it was a typo:S but odd...
09-12-2004 04:15 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Serek_Anauel

Hey! I'm trapped on this message!

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Lock Messenger Bug
I am a beta translator for Spanish Spain, that's how I got the beta version. I don't have a beta or a translator tag since it's the second time I come into the forums :) but thanks, I will probably email Patchou about this

And, well have you tried it with the same version of messenger?
09-12-2004 05:18 AM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
<Insert PM Conversation>

It is a bug within Plus!

If you lock Messenger then end the process and login with a different user, Plus! wont recognize it for this feautre allowing the current user to use the previous users settings (Key Lock combination and Password)

This post was edited on 09-12-2004 at 06:12 AM by matty.
09-12-2004 05:21 AM
si3rra

i'm with stupid -->

41 / Male / Flag
Well whell why not give us (the translators) a Offical Tester sticker  too?
09-15-2004 02:11 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
No, because there is a difference between beta-testers and translators. Translators should focus mainly on translating, not on testing...

The normal way is:
  1. Patchou makes a beta...
  2. The beta is send only to those who are beta-tester. They test the beta for bugs and they report directly to Patchou...
  3. Patchou fixes the reported bugs...
  4. Another beta is send to the beta-testers and step 3 is repeated until Patchou and the beta-testers can't find any more bugs...
    ------------
  5. Patchou makes a translators-beta...
  6. The translators-beta is send to the translators, and they make their translations and send them directly to Patchou...
    ------------
    (In the main time, beta-testing can still continue though, and if a major bug is found, the process is repeated from step 5. Or sometimes Patchou can dicide to make a private beta for only 1 tester who encountered some strange bug.)
    ------------
  7. If everything went well and the deadline is there, Patchou can make a final beta and send them to the beta-testers and translators for the final check...
    ------------
  8. Patchou makes the public version and releases it to the public...

Now, all this doesn't mean that the translators can't test stuff also!

With this release (3.1/3.2), not all beta-testers were given the first beta, so some bugs may have gone unnoticed at first (note: at first!)...

Of course, if the translators find a bug which was overlooked by the testers, they can report it. But they should report it directly to Patchou...

This post was edited on 09-15-2004 at 03:16 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-15-2004 03:10 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: