What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » SUGGESTION: Export Quicktext possibilities

SUGGESTION: Export Quicktext possibilities
Author: Message:
rocco

O.P. Cool  SUGGESTION: Export Quicktext possibilities
Hi there!

I think it would be really handy if there was an 'export quicktext' option. That way you could export your quicktext (to an ini-file or something), modify them and import them on another system, for example on a friends cpu or your own second system. It would surely save a lot of time. ;)

09-27-2004 09:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
RE: SUGGESTION: Export Quicktext possibilities
Plus! -> Preferences -> Save/Load ;)
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
09-27-2004 12:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
Rocco wishes to be able to export his current preferences and modify them before importing them on another location. This is currently not possible with the Save/Load featore; you cannot edit the file between exporting and importing :)
09-27-2004 12:18 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
well, yo ucan export the registry key, do thechanges you want and reimport the key wherever you want.. that's about all Messenger Plus! really does.
[Image: signature2.gif]
09-27-2004 09:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
rocco

O.P. RE: SUGGESTION: Export Quicktext possibilities
Ok guys! Thanx!

So all plus actually does, is create a new regkey when i create a new Quicktext? That would indeed allow me to export my regkey(s), edit it, and reimport it again! :D

Patchou (really great tool by the way! ;)) it would still be quite handy to incorporate such an (easy??) option, maybe??

Greetz Rocco
09-28-2004 06:08 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by rocco
So all plus actually does, is create a new regkey when i create a new Quicktext? That would indeed allow me to export my regkey(s), edit it, and reimport it again!
yep... take a look at:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<the_msn_account_email>\Preferences\QuickTexts

they are all there... ;)
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-28-2004 12:53 PM
rocco

O.P. RE: RE: SUGGESTION: Export Quicktext possibilities
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<the_msn_account_email>\Preferences\QuickTexts

they are all there... ;)

Yes i know, i found them allready. But they are listed somewhere else too. Tried to edit them, the message worked, the command stayed original.

The next problem is that if i install these keys on a friends cpu, their keys will be changed to <the_msn_account_email> too. So i smell some problems here. Only way is to change that to their account. So, in theory, it can be done, but it isn't as easy as i would like to see it ;)

ps. anyone know what the second set of keys actually does? They are located at:

[b]HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1715567821-842925246-1343024091-1003\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<the_msn_account_email>\Preferences\QuickTexts[b]
09-28-2004 01:19 PM
lopardo
Veteran Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
The next problem is that if i install these keys on a friends cpu, their keys will be changed to <the_msn_account_email> too. So i smell some problems here. Only way is to change that to their account. So, in theory, it can be done, but it isn't as easy as i would like to see it
Select <the_msn_account_email> and export from there. Open the exported .reg file with notepad and replace <the_msn_account_email> with your friend's e-mail.

quote:

[b]HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1715567821-842925246-1343024091-1003\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<the_msn_account_email>\Preferences\QuickTexts[b]
It's a copy. More info here.
[Image: userbar452797dd.gif]
09-28-2004 01:39 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: SUGGESTION: Export Quicktext possibilities
quote:
Originally posted by lopardo
quote:

It's a copy. More info here.

indeed, you don't want to touch HKEY_USERS\* if you're not familiar with the registry. And even then, in 99% of all cases you don't need to be there at all ;)
Not all the things you alter in HKEY_USERS\* will automaticly reflect to your settings! Things altered in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\* will be...

This post was edited on 09-28-2004 at 06:05 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-28-2004 06:03 PM
rocco

O.P. RE: SUGGESTION: Export Quicktext possibilities
Allrighty, i think i found some sort of solution ...

I exported the keys from the reg to a regfile, then i created a batch file, which i run with a parameter that is the msnmessenger (hotmail-) address. Like "createquicktexts.bat myaddress@hotmail.com"

I programmed the batchfile to create an .reg file with all the quicktext keys incorporated with the emailaddress i runned the batchfile with. So this way i only have to type the hotmail address once. I seems to work, i get a valid .reg file, but the only problem i'm facing now is that the my customized "Aliasses" don't show up in the Quicktext pullmenu in MP. The messages however work fine. Have to work on that ....

This post was edited on 09-28-2004 at 10:00 PM by rocco.
09-28-2004 09:57 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: