What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Audio Conference Plugin Request

Audio Conference Plugin Request
Author: Message:
laric01

O.P. Audio Conference Plugin Request
I would like to see a plugin that allows one to audio chat with multiple people in full duplex in much the same way that the regular 1 on 1 audio chat works, I do not even know if this is possible or not but it would be very useful, it may even already be available. I know that several years back when audio chatting first became available with messenger you could chat with more than 1 person at a time however microsoft apparently blocked that functionality for some unknown reason and I have found it to be a pain to get 4 or 5 people to get netmeeting going when your talking with people that know little about computers except where to put thier game cd in LOL:D... If someone would let me know about This it would be appreciated...
11-06-2004 07:07 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
marissa
Veteran Member

ahaha

34 / Female / –
RE: Audio Conference Plugin Request
www.skype.com

get your friends to download it too, and you can have up to 4 people in i believe...Its not an plugin though, its a seperate program.

I hope it works for you :)
11-06-2004 07:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
laric01

O.P. RE: Audio Conference Plugin Request
I have used Skype be4 and do not like it. It is a resource hog and conflicts with alot of security apps and online multiplayer games, as well it is lodded with spyware and adware, and besides all of that I really do not want to have 20 different messaging apps just to chat with other people. I use msn messenger and only msn messenger. I even uninstalled the built in windows messenger and as I said in my initial post this can be done with netmeeting it is just a pain to have to load another app and again netmeeting has some minor issues that I do not care for... "like having to give out IP Addy's I run through an annonymous proxy server to avoid people getting my IP so I do not like giving it to those that I am chatting with...
11-06-2004 07:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
aNILEator
Skinning Contest Winner

...in the wake of the aNILEator

35 / Male / Flag
skype's great!!! :o no adware spyware blah blah blah

Anyway skype is the best VOIP program i've found.....I even tried hacking together skype and msn once :P

failed but it did launch a call with them.....just not how i wanted
11-06-2004 11:18 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
skype's great!!! :o no adware spyware blah blah blah

Anyway skype is the best VOIP program i've found.....I even tried hacking together skype and msn once :P

failed but it did launch a call with them.....just not how i wanted
Keep trying then :P
11-07-2004 12:34 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: