What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » I think McAfee is screwing me...

I think McAfee is screwing me...
Author: Message:
Moo

O.P. Sad  I think McAfee is screwing me...
Yesterday I updated one of my computers to Windows XP (It was previously on that :dodgy: Windows ME) and everything was working fine untill I get this <censored> message saying that I have to uninstall and reinstall VriusScan and Firewall. The only problem is that I can't find my McAfee CD, and even worse... I need the CD in order to uninstall McAfee... I even called McAfee about this and they told me to buy a new copy. What a load of B.S.! I'm not going to buy the same thing twice! Well... I'm looking for good antivirus sftware to use instead if that <censored> McAfee... Any suggestions?
11-24-2004 11:04 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
.blade//
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
RE: I think McAfee is screwing me...
quote:
Originally posted by Guillaume
Yesterday I updated one of my computers to Windows XP (It was previously on that :dodgy: Windows ME) and everything was working fine untill I get this <censored> message saying that I have to uninstall and reinstall VriusScan and Firewall. The only problem is that I can't find my McAfee CD, and even worse... I need the CD in order to uninstall McAfee... I even called McAfee about this and they told me to buy a new copy. What a load of B.S.! I'm not going to buy the same thing twice! Well... I'm looking for good antivirus sftware to use instead if that <censored> McAfee... Any suggestions?

Norton is a very good Anti-Virus. BTW, if you can't auto-uninstall it then start in safe mode, make sure it isn't running, delete all registry entries made by it then delete all program files for it.
[Image: A%20Pointy%20Rock.jpg]
11-24-2004 11:09 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Shadow D

Let me be the first to shout AVG FOREVER!, really I love AVG, I've used almost every antivirus out there, and AVG is just perfect, low on system resources and keeps your PC as clean as possible.

But actually McAfee would prob be my second choice, I liked it a lot when I used it, I only gave it up because I'm a bit paranoid when it comes to system resources :P.
11-24-2004 11:14 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
AVG is very anti messenger plus
In fact its the only one that detects it as a trojan
Read CookieRevised's reply to Virus with Trojan-Downloader.Win32 Swizzor.cg
11-24-2004 11:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
quote:
I even called McAfee about this and they told me to buy a new copy.

Great Customer Support they are, i'll keep that in Mind
11-24-2004 11:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Moo

O.P. RE: I think McAfee is screwing me...
quote:
Originally posted by blade
quote:

Norton is a very good Anti-Virus. BTW, if you can't auto-uninstall it then start in safe mode, make sure it isn't running, delete all registry entries made by it then delete all program files for it.
Last time I touched the registry I had to reinstall everything. (I couldn't even use the backup I made!)
11-24-2004 11:35 PM
Caboose

35 / Male / –
I personally use avast! Antivirus Home Edition and I've had no problems with it. It's free as well :)

This post was edited on 11-25-2004 at 03:53 AM by Caboose.
11-25-2004 03:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Moo

O.P. RE: I think McAfee is screwing me...
Thanks! I'll take it into consiteration... (I'm still trying to uninstall that :dodgy: McAfee) Blade tried to help me with it via remote assistance but it didn't work...
11-26-2004 01:13 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: