What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » STUFFPLUG-NG question

STUFFPLUG-NG question
Author: Message:
opac

O.P. STUFFPLUG-NG question
is there a log for stuffplug-ng?
for example, i would like to know each time someone opens or closes a message window with me.  i see the little popup in the bottom right corner saying ____ has opend a message window with me.  can these messages be recorded in a log?
12-11-2004 10:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
RE: STUFFPLUG-NG question
quote:
Originally posted by opac
is there a log for stuffplug-ng?
for example, i would like to know each time someone opens or closes a message window with me.  i see the little popup in the bottom right corner saying ____ has opend a message window with me.  can these messages be recorded in a log?
no there isn't a way to log them !!

and to be honnest i don't really see the need to log them, the only thing that may be useful is loggin when sum1 delete you off they contact list

This post was edited on 12-11-2004 at 10:09 PM by toddy.
12-11-2004 10:07 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
opac

O.P. RE: STUFFPLUG-NG question
good point.
im just curious who opens windows and doesnt talk.  i wouldnt kno unless im staring at the monitor all the time.
12-11-2004 10:41 PM
toddy
Veteran Member

kcus uoy

– / Male / Flag
quote:
good point.
im just curious who opens windows and doesnt talk.  i wouldnt kno unless im staring at the monitor all the time.

tbh tho it doesn't really matter if people open a window with you and not talk, people may do it for a number of different reason.
1)they want to look at your DP
2)they clicked your name by mistake
3)they click on your name when u signed in, to check the email address. so they know who has just signed in

and so on........ like i said the other thing that may be a little useful if it logs who has delete you, but then again they is other ways to find out if people have deleted you, forexample you could use noroom's list manager to see if you are still on your contacts list.
12-11-2004 10:48 PM
timio

36 / Male / –
[font=Times New Roman][size=2][color=limegreen]How can you get stuffplug-ng to work with msn 7? is it possible? if so can you tell me how plz tnx
12-12-2004 01:14 AM
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by timio
How can you get stuffplug-ng to work with msn 7?
Use the version for MSN Messenger 7: http://www.stuffplug.com/SPNGMSN7.zip :)
12-12-2004 01:23 AM
opac

O.P. RE: STUFFPLUG-NG question
quote:
Originally posted by toddy
quote:
good point.

tbh tho it doesn't really matter if people open a window with you and not talk, people may do it for a number of different reason.
3)they click on your name when u signed in, to check the email address. so they know who has just signed in

and so on........ like i said the other thing that may be a little useful if it logs who has delete you, but then again they is other ways to find out if people have deleted you, forexample you could use noroom's list manager to see if you are still on your contacts list.

maybe some people have no interest in having a log but there is a "recent events" log for each user in the Messenger Plus to include things like the time and what the user changes his/her name to or the time at which the user changes status etc.

3)they click on your name when u signed in, to check the email

im sure these are reasons for them to open a window but if it hapens more than twice or so in one session, i would be interested in who is so interested in opening chat windows with me but not talking. 
any ways, just thought it would be a nice feature.  maybe theres no interest...
12-12-2004 02:11 AM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
Erm, I think this feature is like a block checker, violation of users privacy.  If someone opens a window with you, thats there choice, they're not doing it so that they can see you and you can bitch at them about not talking to you.  In fact, if this feature was added to StuffPlug-NG, I dont think i'd support it very much.  Its basically a way just to start a crapload of un-needed additional flames.
</rant>
12-12-2004 02:24 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: