What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Plus preference password!!!

Plus preference password!!!
Author: Message:
XPrincessX

O.P. Huh?  Plus preference password!!!
hey all

does anyone know what i can do, i have forgotten my Messenger Plus prefrence password. is there anyway i can change it or re-make it or something?????? thanks, XPrincessX (x_rated_angel@hotmail.com)

This post was edited on 01-20-2005 at 06:13 PM by WDZ.
12-26-2004 09:43 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Tochjo
forum super mod

36 / Male / Flag
RE: PLUS PREFRENCE PASSWORD!!!
If you have forgotten the Preferences password, you can do two things.

The simple solution is to uninstall Messenger Plus! without keeping your preferences. When you reinstall it Plus! will use the default settings again, which means no password.

The more difficult solution does not require you to uninstall and lose all your settings, but you have to do it very carefully. If you change the wrong thing, you might make your computer unusable.
  1. Open the Registry Editor (go to Start > Run and open regedit.exe).
  2. Go to the 'folder' HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<your email address for Messenger>\Preferences (click the Preferences folder)
  3. Double click 'UDataP' in the right side of the window and change the value to 0.
  4. Click OK and close the Registry Editor.
You should now be able to set the Preferences again.
12-26-2004 11:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
After that you need to set a new password again (or clear the old one), as this will not delete the password itself, but only the "lock" that was in place.

Thus if you enable "preferences lock-down" again without setting a new password, your messenger will be locked again with that password you forgot.

(as stated in the orginal post http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=30...d=296142#pid296142 :P)

This post was edited on 01-21-2005 at 01:50 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-26-2004 12:14 PM
XPrincessX

O.P. RE: PLUS PREFRENCE PASSWORD!!!
OMG THANKU SO MUCH!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! lol . the 1st 1 worked thank god !! actually thankyou!! xxxx
12-26-2004 06:29 PM
Caveman

ok that really happed me.. but how did u find that out?? what else could u do with that?
12-30-2004 03:50 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Caveman
ok that really happed me.. but how did u find that out??
I first posted this here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=30...d=296142#pid296142

I didn't "discovered" it like it was a big secret or something. Just monitor your registry when you change some settings, so you know what has changed...

quote:
Originally posted by Caveman
what else could u do with that?
errm... what do you mean? You can't do much with it, except to change the settings directly. The Windows registry holds almost all the settings for all the programs you use. But beware! You must know what you're doing, otherwise you might get ended up with a broken PC. The registry is the like the heart of your computer software.

For Messenger Plus! itself there are also some settings in the registry which you can't do with the normal interface of Messenger Plus!. These extra settings are meant for the advanced user and can be found here: http://old.msgplus.net/help_registry.php

This post was edited on 07-17-2006 at 09:34 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-30-2004 04:12 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: