What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Big Display Picture in Stuffplug NG 2.0

Big Display Picture in Stuffplug NG 2.0
Author: Message:
pabbel

O.P. Huh?  Big Display Picture in Stuffplug NG 2.0
Hello..

I have been using the big Display picture since 6.2, and didnt want to install the mess 7.0 beta, cause there were no pluging to do that for tha version yet.
Then, appears Stuffplug ng 2.0 that says it can do it for Mess 7.0 beta. so i install it...
it all worked fine.. i even was amazed with the feature  that u can resize it with the plugin.. but anyways...

The thing is .. it seems that the only ppl tha can see  my resize pic are the ones that are still using 6.2 but users with 7.0 see the picture in its default size... so i want to know if the Big Display Picture doestn work for those who have mess 7.0?:^)
02-14-2005 09:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ddunk
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Big Display Picture in Stuffplug NG 2.0
In order to see a large display pic while using 7.0, one must have stuffplug installed and the option enabled. Thats the only way :)
02-14-2005 09:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
pabbel

O.P. RE: Big Display Picture in Stuffplug NG 2.0
wow... thats bad.. i used a plugin for msn 6.2 (not stuffplug) that allowed u to have big display pictures and the other user didnt have to had that plugin.....

but.. ill have to wait till it comes out....
the plugin is called MSN SHELL... it looks it was made by jap or chinesse.. dunno...

thx anyway
02-14-2005 09:46 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by pabbel
wow... thats bad.. i used a plugin for msn 6.2 (not stuffplug) that allowed u to have big display pictures and the other user didnt have to had that plugin.....

the plugin is called MSN SHELL... it looks it was made by jap or chinesse.. dunno...

thx anyway

The reason the contact now needs to have stuffplug installed to resize the display pic is that messenger 7 automatically resizes you display pic at in the other contacts client so they need stuffplug to overide this.
02-14-2005 10:39 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by madman66
quote:

thx anyway

The reason the contact now needs to have stuffplug installed to resize the display pic is that messenger 7 automatically resizes you display pic at in the other contacts client so they need stuffplug to overide this.
Because of this with MSN Shell the other person needs MSN Shell too, or SPNG. Otherwise they won't be able to see your bigger DP. Simply said: a plugin or add on that enables to see bigger DP's is needed always with MSN 7 if you wanna see them bigger.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
02-14-2005 10:58 PM
pabbel

O.P. RE: RE: Big Display Picture in Stuffplug NG 2.0
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Because of this with MSN Shell the other person needs MSN Shell too, or SPNG. Otherwise they won't be able to see your bigger DP. Simply said: a plugin or add on that enables to see bigger DP's is needed always with MSN 7 if you wanna see them bigger.

hmm. when i had mess 6.2 the others didnt need Msn shell to see my big picture... but. anyways.. thanx... it seems the BDP is over , at least for me.. wont be able to tell all my contacts to download a plugin just because i want them to see my pic larger...

Thx ppl.
02-15-2005 04:47 AM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
quote:
hmm. when i had mess 6.2 the others didnt need Msn shell to see my big picture... but. anyways.. thanx... it seems the BDP is over , at least for me.. wont be able to tell all my contacts to download a plugin just because i want them to see my pic larger...

Thx ppl.

That's because they just changed this in 7. Now MSN resizes the DP at both ends, so you need something at both ends to stop MSN from doing it.
[Image: 7.png]
02-15-2005 04:50 AM
pabbel

O.P. RE: RE: Big Display Picture in Stuffplug NG 2.0
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
That's because they just changed this in 7. Now MSN resizes the DP at both ends, so you need something at both ends to stop MSN from doing it.

do u have any idea why they did that??? maybe a security issue??
02-15-2005 04:53 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Maybe just becaue seeing big DP's irritates people. It did iritate me sometimes.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-15-2005 02:12 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: