What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » MSG Plus! crash my MSN

MSG Plus! crash my MSN
Author: Message:
Qu3becker

O.P. MSG Plus! crash my MSN
hmm need help
I had MSG plus! since a long time ago
I can't open MSN anymore
but when I unistalled Plus!, MSN went back to normal
I unistalled it back and it makes msn crash

thx, you guys are great :)

using
MSN Messnger v7.0.0777
and Messenger plus! 3.52.130

This post was edited on 04-22-2005 at 10:49 PM by Qu3becker.
04-22-2005 10:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: MSG Plus! crash my MSN
Are you using Smileycentral? If so, uninstall.

If you previously used the handwriting plugin, remove handwriting.dll from plugins folder (C:\Program Files\MessengerPlus! 3\Plugins), the handwriting plugin is no longer needed with MSN 7 (it's built in). Exit MSNM before deleting the dll, then restart.

If none of the above please tell wich plugins you use.

This post was edited on 04-22-2005 at 11:05 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
04-22-2005 11:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
ahmedadelfahmy

Huh?  RE: MSG Plus! crash my MSN
p.s. I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM,, NO PLUGINS OR WHAT SO EVER!!!
MY MSN won't open UNLESS Msgplus.exe is DISABLED / CLOSED,,
I removed Messenger plus TOTALLY from the computer  (files and registr) and re installed it ,, and problem still persists!
by the way this issue :
happened in this version of plus and previous one,,
I can send system information
does .net frame work affects messenger plus?
I use the latest of both Messenger and plus!
I am currently not using messenger plus now :(
I will try in that for the 15th titme now till i get a clue,, any help?
04-23-2005 02:40 AM
ahmedadelfahmy

Huh?  RE: MSG Plus! crash my MSN
I wonder where are you Patchou to help me in that problem :'(
It is really bad ,, Messenger on a new windows installation works fine for a very few days and crashes resulting in messenger wont open unless plus is closed...

hehe i feel that microsoft put a hidden anti-plus module or something (6) as thats wierd!
04-23-2005 02:44 AM
Concord Dawn
Veteran Member

This is a loopy fruit.

33 / Male / –
Have you installed Windows XP Service Pack 2? It's been known to cause some wierd errors with programs such as these, even though the Patchou has tried to make it as compatible as possible, I'm sure.
[Image: 7.png]
04-23-2005 03:19 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
Have you installed Windows XP Service Pack 2? It's been known to cause some wierd errors with programs such as these, even though the Patchou has tried to make it as compatible as possible, I'm sure.
I seriously doubt it has to do with SP2, i got SP2 aswell and have no problems of the sort. .NET framework, no i don't think that affects it either.

What i can think of in your case ahmedadelfahmy is a lack of memory to run all programs you want to run. Can you tell me how much RAM your computer has? Also try closing down atleast 1 other program whilst running MSNM (with Plus!) and see if that helps.

Also sometimes a clean install will help, to do that:
- Uninstall MSNM and Plus! (including preferences, back them up beforehand: plus! > preferences > at the bottom save/load..save that file somewhere outside Plus! folders, where you can easily find it)
- Reboot
- Remove every folder in program files folder pointing towards MSN Messenger and Plus! (note the foldername in wich Plus! is installed has been changed so there's probably more than just one folder, could be why firewalls don't detect it correctly)
- Reinstall both MSNM and Plus!
- Try to log in
- Load your preferences into Plus! again if you saved em and see if you can still login.

This post was edited on 04-23-2005 at 09:30 AM by Sunshine.
04-23-2005 09:29 AM
ahmedadelfahmy

Huh?  RE: RE: MSG Plus! crash my MSN
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
Originally posted by Chaotic_Shield
I seriously doubt it has to do with SP2, i got SP2 aswell and have no problems of the sort. .NET framework, no i don't think that affects it either.

What i can think of in your case ahmedadelfahmy is a lack of memory to run all programs you want to run. Can you tell me how much RAM your computer has? Also try closing down atleast 1 other program whilst running MSNM (with Plus!) and see if that helps.

Also sometimes a clean install will help, to do that:
- Uninstall MSNM and Plus! (including preferences, back them up beforehand: plus! > preferences > at the bottom save/load..save that file somewhere outside Plus! folders, where you can easily find it)
- Reboot
- Remove every folder in program files folder pointing towards MSN Messenger and Plus! (note the foldername in wich Plus! is installed has been changed so there's probably more than just one folder, could be why firewalls don't detect it correctly)
- Reinstall both MSNM and Plus!
- Try to log in
- Load your preferences into Plus! again if you saved em and see if you can still login.

Thx for your reply sunshine,
well my computer operates at 2048 MB ram so i dun think it has a problem with that,my computer have free ram now as i dont  over load it with many programs for the time being,  i have latest windows xp with sp2 as well ( i can give u build# if u want to) .. i tried to uninstall messenger 7 and plus,, but the problem is when i install them they work very nice until 2nd reboot,, msg plus wont allow msn 7 to work again :S i tried to identify the problem but no clue..
I think patchou tried to solve this problem as said in the change log ..but this problem arise after serious times of reboots ..
I have multi processors, would that be a problem? well i feel that has to do with patches like Plus!
hehe i worked around alot with that really ,, msn now loads perfectly BUT wothout plus,, i feel that the problem is from the plus it self ,, although it get installed without any problems..
i tried it on a clean windows environment ,, still that issue happens!
04-24-2005 06:59 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
It's definately not a memoryproblem then.

What you could try is the following:
- In main MSNM screen go to Plus > Preferences > General options > Miscellaneous
- Under "Messenger Plus! Automatic Recovery Options set Attach method to "Alternate" (make sure you don't have any program running that prevents writing in the registry whilst setting this)
- Reboot
- Start MSNM
- Go to that setting again and check if its still in alternate mode
- Don't exit MSNM yet but go into taskmanager and end the process msgplus.exe (ctrl alt del to get into taskmanager)
- Now Exit MSNM and restart it
- Check if Plus gets loaded (if Plus appears in the menu)
- If yes, alternate is working fine. Next step is go to start > run > type: msconfig <enter>
- Go to startup tab and uncheck msgplus
By doing this Plus! will only be loaded when needed (together with starting up MSNM), hopefully this will stop the problem.

Please let me know if it does.

This post was edited on 04-24-2005 at 10:00 PM by Sunshine.
04-24-2005 09:56 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: