What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Announcements » Announcements & News » Archive » 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help!

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   11 February - Last debug, last chance to help!
Author: Message:
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. Tongue  11 February - Last debug, last chance to help!
Hello!

ok, I think I'm now read ready to distribute this new version to the rest of the world using my new server and the dormant auto-update feature of MP2 that you all have installed :). Before that, I would like you to install this new debug version and confirm me that it works really great!

http://207.44.212.108/~admin3/MsgPlusDebug.zip

Thsi is version 2.01.22 DEBUG, that means that you must not redistribute it yet. The public release will be done by the end of the week (I know, I already said that last week, but I sincerly don't want thousands of peopel to automatically download a buggy version). Again, same thign as before... if you want to help, install this version, try different things, check if the bugs you reported some days ago are corrected and when a problem occurs, send me the "C:\MessengerPlus Dump.txt" file in a zip to debug2018@patchou.com with a godo description of the problem and the time it occured.

Anybody who had crashes in the past days: please, try out this version and if the crash comes again, don't forget to send me the dump file.... I've added more information in it to track the remaining crash problem and I'm only waiting for one of your computers to crash in order to solve it!

Thank you!!!
Patchou

This post was edited on 03-18-2003 at 05:38 PM by Johnny_Mac.
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-12-2003 01:38 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaveRod

40 / Male / –
RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help!
Only one problem now.

I have StatupMonitor by Mike Lin at http://www.mlin.net installed and now, every time Messenger Plus! v2 is started, I get a popup saying that MSNMSGS has registered to startup on Windows startup.

It's not a BIG problem but it does get annoying having to click "Yes" to allow it EVERY time I boot up.

I've only had this problem since v2.01.18? I think.

I'm running Windows XP with SP1.

If I don't start Messenger Plus! v2 every time, I do not get this message and Messenger starts up without a hitch.
02-12-2003 02:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lylesback2
Veteran Member

[lylesback2]

38 / Male / –
mine says 2.01.21 :S i thought it was 22...?  it also says feb 8th :S maybe a restart is needed?

This post was edited on 02-12-2003 at 02:54 AM by lylesback2.
<skanky>lylesback2</lanky>
3 days, 4 hours, 2 minutes, 56 seconds till the end of the world

02-12-2003 02:52 AM
RaveRod

40 / Male / –
Mine's v2.01.22, 11 February 2003 and I didn't need to restart.

Maybe the update went haywire somewhere? Try updating again.
02-12-2003 03:00 AM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help!
Yep, I guess you downloaded the file from your cache... just refresh the link :).

For your problem RaveRod, it's because everytime Messenger starts, it recreates its value in the \Run key of the registry in order to ensure that it will start automatically next time Windows boots up. Messenger Plus! see this key and deletes it when Messenger exits. Instead, it uses its own key (which is not generally needed to be recreated) to launch Messenger (to ensure that Messenger Plus! is launched before MEssenger at startup).

I guess you should just configure your software so that it doesn't pop up anymore for msnmsgr.exe :)
02-12-2003 04:38 AM
MaBo

– / Male / –
just installed it, gonna start testing it out now

and also mine said v2.01.22, 11 February 2003 and I didn't need to restart.

MaBo
02-12-2003 06:00 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Guido
Elite Member

Design is Safety

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help!
Patchou: may it be possible that MP2 (at least 2.0.19 - Feb 6th debug version) makes Messenger log off automatically without saying so? i had this problem for some days now... but i dont know if is plus or messenger (i know many others have it too).
02-12-2003 06:41 AM
MaBo

– / Male / –
RE: RE: RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help!
quote:
Originally posted by gfd
Patchou: may it be possible that MP2 (at least 2.0.19 - Feb 6th debug version) makes Messenger log off automatically without saying so? i had this problem for some days now... but i dont know if is plus or messenger (i know many others have it too).

is it where all of a sudden it'll just say 'you cant change you status' or something and the next sec you are logged off when you are trying to change status

well, i've got that problem

MaBo
02-12-2003 09:56 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Freeze

37 / Male / –
Great job, at least the bug i submitted was fixed, thanks patchou ;)

Messenger Plus! 2.02 – Readme File

Is this because of the fact that the next version is going to be MP 2.02.23 or is this just a typo?

and third: What about the links to the messenger plus! site, please make them like http://msgplus.net and msgplus.net/firsttime etc, because else, when sending someone MP2, it says "If the download doesn't work, try http://msgplus.patchou.com" and that page doesn't exist, and that way, there is no use at all of that little text, if you make that http://msgplus.net ppl can see the link to the mirrors list, and then download it from thereon :)
02-12-2003 12:58 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: 11 February - Last debug, last chance to help!
Dont worry for the link, it will work soon enough... also... damit lol... don't bother the readme.txt file... it's just that the next public release will be labeled 2.02 :).

Concerning logout problems, what you're saying again confirms what I'm telling you for weeks now..... if at some poitn you have a message saying that you can't change your status or whatever, well, it's because the Messenger server has some problems or because your internet connection has problems (like me at work). Again, I'll repeat myself: Messenger Plus! doesn't mess with Messenger communication precisely to avoid that kind of issue.

Patchou.
02-12-2003 03:07 PM
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: