What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » little problem (something steals focus every 5 min)

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
little problem (something steals focus every 5 min)
Author: Message:
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
RE: little problem (something steals focus every 5 min)
Try disabling the t00jiv7h.exe process and see what happens.
As always, also try Ad-Aware and Spybot
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
10-31-2005 05:10 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: little problem (something steals focus every 5 min)
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
It's true, I don't have any idea what the most are :P My computer is not slow, so I don't think it's adware.
I am not talking about adware or whatever, but about useless processes which you don't need at all.

eg:

Many sound driver software, when installed, install also really useless "control centers" or that sort of stuff. Simply double clicking on your speaker icon in the systray will often give you the exact same options. You also don't constantly switch between configurations, so why running "control centers" constantly? (same goes with everything which has to do with graphics).

Print drivers are also notorious in such stuff. Many companies (HP particular) install really useless crap if you choose the "complete" installation procedures. You don't need all that stuff to print a document. In fact you don't need anything except the windows driver...

USB Stick software thingies (eg: software for usb mp3 players and stuff) install many useless stuff. for example the media players from the brand itself. What's the use of that when you use winamp or wmp anyways? Syncronization stuff? No needed at all, simply use Windows explorer

Software for keyboards. If you got XP, such software is useless. XP itself has support for those special keys on your keyboard and this can be set using TweakUI or manually.

Then there are the many programs which you only use sometimes, yet they are constantly loaded into memory because the manufactures think like "just in case you need it"... Truth is, those programs don't need to be running all the time and can be manually started when you need them. Stuff like this includes cdrom writing software and stuff (eg: nero's drivespeed), etc... etc...

And I can go on and on...

All that stuff really eats memory and resources and does slow down your PC. Often I go to friends to clean out their PC (this includes killing those processes and configuring their pc so they don't run all the time and continously) Many people are very surprised when they see how smooth their PC runs after cleaning (and maintaining) them or how fast it starts up, even if they thought that there PC already runs "fast" and smooth...

PS: Exca, please stop double posting ;)

----------------------

-SMax4PNP
True drivers are not run as processes. This means this process is not needed. Your soundcard will work just the same without this.

-AGRSMMSG
Same as with the sound drivers. What is this "assistant"?

-jusched
In other words, useless. When you run a Java applet in browsers it will notice you anyway if it can run because you have an outdated java engine. Furthermore, java isn't updated 24/7 but only once every few months or so. So why running this?

-hpwuschd2
useless

-qttask
unless you were currently running a quicktime file. This is totally useless and goes in the category of "manufactures running useless stuff because they think you need it".
Quick Time does not need to run constantly in order to play a quick time media file. Double clicking on a quick time file will open Quick Time anyways.

-ccapp
Norton AV... enough said (notorious in running useless, but hard to kill, processes)

-hkcmd
Why running this? Why do you need a configuration tool running all the time? Configure it, done...

-igfxpers
WTH is "Common User Interface module from Intel"? Again, I strongly suspect this is useless stuff.

-igfxsrvc
A graphics card doesn't need such stuff to be running to work perfectly

-ctfmon
not needed at all.
If you run an office program, all the needed components are loaded anyways. Why do you need to keep a piece of Office in memory all the time?

-agc
Configuration tool. Again, configure your stuff properly (in de properties of the drivers) and be done with it. It is not like you are constantly switching between several configurations, no?

-wincinemamgr
useless...

-Tclock
ermm... ok... although adding date/time in systemtray is already perfectly possible without this

----------------------------

Some stuff which I highly recommended in such situations is:
* SysInternal's AutoRuns
* The infamous "Black Viper's homepage" (down since a while and not sure if it will ever return, but some of the info is reproduced here)

Though both AutoRuns and Black Viper's info requires some knowledge to be used properly.

There is no better program than "AutoRuns", although some might suggest stuff like "Startup CPL" or whatever. But all those tools do not lists all the possible startup entries and don't have the possebilities which "Autoruns" has.

BlackViper is very known for his technical and very detailed analyses of all the various Windows Services. Although, because it is about Windows Services, some knowledge is required to follow and understand everything which he recommends. Many stuff listed on his page is for interpretation and depends on what you exactly do with your computer. You need to follow and understand the instructions exactly before attempting anything (and common sense)!! eg: if it is said to first read the links under the processes to know what they do before disabling them, do it and read those links first!!!

This post was edited on 10-31-2005 at 05:47 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-31-2005 05:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
mad_onion

Windows Vista Rules!

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
I got 67...

omg ive only got 23. i dont know if i would be able to get 67 if i tried :S

oh and while it isnt actually a good way to solve your problem you can stop any program stealing focus from another with tweak xp which you can get the microsoft site.
[Image: vistasig9ys.jpg]
10-31-2005 06:30 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Exca

Not illiteral, just ignoring you

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: little problem (something steals focus every 5 min)
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I am not talking about adware or whatever, but about useless processes which you don't need at all.

eg:

Many sound driver software, when installed, install also really useless "control centers" or that sort of stuff. Simply double clicking on your speaker icon in the systray will often give you the exact same options. You also don't constantly switch between configurations, so why running "control centers" constantly? (same goes with everything which has to do with graphics).

Print drivers are also notorious in such stuff. Many companies (HP particular) install really useless crap if you choose the "complete" installation procedures. You don't need all that stuff to print a document. In fact you don't need anything except the windows driver...

USB Stick software thingies (eg: software for usb mp3 players and stuff) install many useless stuff. for example the media players from the brand itself. What's the use of that when you use winamp or wmp anyways? Syncronization stuff? No needed at all, simply use Windows explorer

Software for keyboards. If you got XP, such software is useless. XP itself has support for those special keys on your keyboard and this can be set using TweakUI or manually.

Then there are the many programs which you only use sometimes, yet they are constantly loaded into memory because the manufactures think like "just in case you need it"... Truth is, those programs don't need to be running all the time and can be manually started when you need them. Stuff like this includes cdrom writing software and stuff (eg: nero's drivespeed), etc... etc...

And I can go on and on...

All that stuff really eats memory and resources and does slow down your PC. Often I go to friends to clean out their PC (this includes killing those processes and configuring their pc so they don't run all the time and continously) Many people are very surprised when they see how smooth their PC runs after cleaning (and maintaining) them or how fast it starts up, even if they thought that there PC already runs "fast" and smooth...

PS: Exca, please stop double posting ;)

----------------------

-SMax4PNP
True drivers are not run as processes. This means this process is not needed. Your soundcard will work just the same without this.

-AGRSMMSG
Same as with the sound drivers. What is this "assistant"?

-jusched
In other words, useless. When you run a Java applet in browsers it will notice you anyway if it can run because you have an outdated java engine. Furthermore, java isn't updated 24/7 but only once every few months or so. So why running this?

-hpwuschd2
useless

-qttask
unless you were currently running a quicktime file. This is totally useless and goes in the category of "manufactures running useless stuff because they think you need it".
Quick Time does not need to run constantly in order to play a quick time media file. Double clicking on a quick time file will open Quick Time anyways.

-ccapp
Norton AV... enough said (notorious in running useless, but hard to kill, processes)

-hkcmd
Why running this? Why do you need a configuration tool running all the time? Configure it, done...

-igfxpers
WTH is "Common User Interface module from Intel"? Again, I strongly suspect this is useless stuff.

-igfxsrvc
A graphics card doesn't need such stuff to be running to work perfectly

-ctfmon
not needed at all.
If you run an office program, all the needed components are loaded anyways. Why do you need to keep a piece of Office in memory all the time?

-agc
Configuration tool. Again, configure your stuff properly (in de properties of the drivers) and be done with it. It is not like you are constantly switching between several configurations, no?

-wincinemamgr
useless...

-Tclock
ermm... ok... although adding date/time in systemtray is already perfectly possible without this

----------------------------

Some stuff which I highly recommended in such situations is:
* SysInternal's AutoRuns
* The infamous "Black Viper's homepage" (down since a while and not sure if it will ever return, but some of the info is reproduced here)

Though both AutoRuns and Black Viper's info requires some knowledge to be used properly.

There is no better program than "AutoRuns", although some might suggest stuff like "Startup CPL" or whatever. But all those tools do not lists all the possible startup entries and don't have the possebilities which "Autoruns" has.

BlackViper is very known for his technical and very detailed analyses of all the various Windows Services. Although, because it is about Windows Services, some knowledge is required to follow and understand everything which he recommends. Many stuff listed on his page is for interpretation and depends on what you exactly do with your computer. You need to follow and understand the instructions exactly before attempting anything (and common sense)!! eg: if it is said to first read the links under the processes to know what they do before disabling them, do it and read those links first!!!

Tnx for the reply. Now, the things that open automaticly while clicking, i will disable to boot on startup. What about the others, do i have to delete them? Intel needs to stay because the graphics'card' is actually a bunch of software, there isn't really a card. It's being processed by software and by the pc's processor.

EDIT: I actually don't know how to get rid of those processes. And if they are gone, windows update will let me download the crap again..

This post was edited on 10-31-2005 at 07:27 PM by Exca.
But that is my opinion!

[Image: djexcaround.gif]
10-31-2005 07:17 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
I am going to go out on a limb and say this is the culprit; t00jiv7h.

quote:
Originally posted by Exca
What about the others, do i have to delete them? Intel needs to stay because the graphics'card' is actually a bunch of software, there isn't really a card. It's being processed by software and by the pc's processor.

Run the program Autoruns from SysInternals and click File > Save As and post the results of its scan. We can tell you what to delete from  the startup.
10-31-2005 07:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
I currently have 71 processes running...
When my computer boots, I think I have about 69 processes running...

My current running processes are in the attachment...

.txt File Attachment: processes.txt (4.18 KB)
This file has been downloaded 298 time(s).
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
10-31-2005 07:30 PM
Exca

Not illiteral, just ignoring you

36 / Male / –
O.P. RE: little problem (something steals focus every 5 min)
Here are the results (looks quite alot to me):

.txt File Attachment: result.txt (46.34 KB)
This file has been downloaded 1136 time(s).
But that is my opinion!

[Image: djexcaround.gif]
10-31-2005 07:41 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
This looks like everything fot the both of you. Don't do it yet have someone else double check this.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS FORUM CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADVICE WE GIVE.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
I currently have 71 processes running...
When my computer boots, I think I have about 69 processes running...

My current running processes are in the attachment...

[Image: file_text.gif] Attachment: processes.txt (4.18 KB)

BTTray.exe
btwdins.exe
essspk.exe
GBPoll.exe
GBTray.exe
gearsec.exe
GHOSTS~2.EXE
GhostStartTrayApp.exe
hamachi.exe
hkcmd.exe
HPAlertWMI.exe
HPConfig.exe
hpdisply.exe
HPTrayIcon.exe
igfxtray.exe
InCDsrv.exe
InkSaver.exe
KodakCCS.exe
OneTouch.EXE
SAgent2.exe
sfAgent.exe
SynTPEnh.exe
SynTPLpr.exe
WMIWDog.exe

quote:
Originally posted by Exca
Here are the results (looks quite alot to me):

[Image: file_text.gif] Attachment: result.txt (46.34 KB)

AGRSMMSG
Cpqset
HP Software Update
igfxhkcmd
igfxpers
igfxtray
LSBWatcher
LVCOMS
NeroCheck
QuickTime Task
SoundMAX
SoundMAXPnP
SunJavaUpdateSched
SurfAccuracy
t00jiv7h

AGC.lnk
InterVideo WinCinema Manager.lnk
10-31-2005 08:28 PM
kittymew

Bitten By A snowball in hell!

– / Female / –
(kinna off topic)I recently did a thread that no-one seemed to be able to help me with..same subject matter kinna (processes) i really need someone to help me walk through the processes with me..that are on my comp..could someone pm me if they are willing to help?

goodluck Exca in solving your problem!~:)
10-31-2005 09:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by beamy-kitty
(kinna off topic)I recently did a thread that no-one seemed to be able to help me with..same subject matter kinna (processes) i really need someone to help me walk through the processes with me..that are on my comp..could someone pm me if they are willing to help?

goodluck Exca in solving your problem!~:)
I will help ya on msn when I get home from work.
10-31-2005 09:12 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: