What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » sign in sounds

sign in sounds
Author: Message:
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. Grin  sign in sounds
here is an idea that i have had for a while that could be quite useful.  instead of the msn sound when someone signs in make it to where msn actually says that persons screen name or their name.  i have already recorded ms sam saying them and saved it and then put them under the custom sounds but since then my computer has had windows reinstalled on it and it takes too long.  it would be good for people who are playing games so they can hear who has signed on instead of minimizing the game.  thanks if it is possible.

This post was edited on 12-07-2005 at 08:41 PM by [MR].
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
12-07-2005 08:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Tobiaz

67 / Male / –
RE: sign in sounds
Yeeeess... nice idea. You mean, everytime someone signs in, you can hear SAM say: La-Le-Lu-Le-Lo has signed in

Thats really a great idea... (Y)

Greeeez Tobiaz
12-07-2005 10:27 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
wouldnt you be able to do this by RIGHT CLICKING the contact>messenger plus! extras>sound events>sign in sound and then add your recorded MS SAM name?
"You don't sleep, you defragment!"
12-07-2005 10:52 PM
kittymew

Bitten By A snowball in hell!

– / Female / –
Ya you  would still have to prerecord them even with a plugin..cause there would be no way in the world to have that all the name options availiable..
12-07-2005 11:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
This can be done using Microsofts Active Accessibility. It would however sound terrible using Microsofts Text to Speach engine.
12-07-2005 11:41 PM
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: sign in sounds
quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
wouldnt you be able to do this by RIGHT CLICKING the contact>messenger plus! extras>sound events>sign in sound and then add your recorded MS SAM name?
exactly what i had already said...
quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR
i have already recorded ms sam saying them and saved it and then put them under the custom sounds
quote:
Originally posted by Tobiaz
Yeeeess... nice idea. You mean, everytime someone signs in, you can hear SAM say: La-Le-Lu-Le-Lo has signed in

Thats really a great idea... (Y)

Greeeez Tobiaz

thanks just put in there that it was thought by me!

This post was edited on 12-07-2005 at 11:47 PM by [MR].
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
12-07-2005 11:45 PM
(CyBeRDuDe)

37 / Male / –
Well.. Posted this yesterday.. It apparently went into the wrong thread.. Dont' ask me how! :P...
Well.. here it is:

If you know HOW to do this in VB you can do it with 3-4 lines of code.. :P...
It's very simple infact... I might be able to get some time tomorrow to spit out some code for you...
All you need it is Microsoft's TTS (Text-To-Speech) engine, use the component in there... Call it by using a command like TTS1.Speak "BLah"...
Declare the With Event objMSN as Messenger.MessengerApi (and of course set the reference to the API)..
In the initilize of the plugin set the objMSN = oMessenger...
Use the event OnContactStatusChange or something... When a contacts logs in (changes his status from offline - online/any other status), use the TTS1.Speak contact.friendlyname code... That should kinda do the trick..
Remember this is only explanation, I don't remember all the correct codes, and don't have time to find them for you right now... Though this of course needs the TTS engine installed on the computer.. But most (if not all) xp's have this... So.. Shouldn't be much of a problem... Hope anyone can use this information... If I need to be more specific, then write, and I'll try to explain it a litle better for however wants to do this...

This post was edited on 12-08-2005 at 11:49 AM by (CyBeRDuDe).
12-08-2005 11:48 AM
Tobiaz

67 / Male / –
Hi.
I wrote a simple Text-to-speech exe a long time ago. So, this is really ot the problem to do this. The problem i would have is, that I don't know, how to get the contacts friendly name... But you described a little bit in the post, so I will try to find it out :P

greeeez Tobiaz
12-08-2005 12:10 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: