What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Azuerus plugin for Plus!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Azuerus plugin for Plus!
Author: Message:
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: Azuerus plugin for Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by beamy-kitty

Shareware/Bittorrent programmes

First of all it's "programs".
Secondly, what does shareware have to do with peer to peer?
12-20-2005 09:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Shareware/Bittorrent programmes .will soon be illegal in some countries ...already some sites have been closed down.
So to" add "a plugin for something that enables illegal activity or is under legal scrutiny would probably not happen.

Shareware? Copyrighted software that is available for personal use for a small fee, and often downloadable from the Internet? Shareware is like a free-trial of Norton antivirus...They are going to ban that? :-/

You cant ban BitTorent clients, they arent illegal. All clients do is download what a user tells them too, clients dont even search networks. They are just a tool for downloading a file. Not to mention its impossible to stop bitTorrent, there is no central server.

Besides, if it was illegall to be downloading copyrighted material from torrents, do you think they would care wether a plugin to share downloads was illegall too?

PS: Azureus is the sucks. uTorrent is the rocks.

This post was edited on 12-20-2005 at 09:29 AM by dotNorma.
12-20-2005 09:24 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
downloading is illegeal therefor it wouldnt be hugely wise to show what you  are downloading and when its done downloaded you'll listen to it and then poeple wil know.

SHITSHITSHIT I JUST DOWNLOADED THIS WEB PAGE DOES THAT MEAN I'M GOING TO GET POPPED BY DA FEDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BECAUSE I HAVE A FAMILY OHSHITSHITSHITSHITHSIT/ME CLEARS INTERNET HISTORY

quote:
Originally posted by .Fusion
One of the main reasons bittorrent wasn't shut down a long with some p2p networks is that it is also used quite a lot to download large open source programs, completely legally. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but I can remember seeing them from before i even knew what bittorrent was

yeah and because IT ISNT POSSIBLE TO SHUT DOWN BITTORRENT

1) snap, they closed bittorrent.com!!!now i'll have to use another client!!!
2) oh shit, they closed my favourite tracker!!!now i'll have to go look for another!!

quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
and if your downloading films or games or software then it would be wise to keep your mouth shut about it

because all your contacts are going to call the popo on your azz!
quote:
Shareware/Bittorrent programmes .will soon be illegal in some countries ...already some sites have been closed down.
So to" add "a plugin for something that enables illegal activity or is under legal scrutiny would probably not happen.
Already in france the government is bringing forth the "DADVSI bill which has the aim of making criminal counterfeiting out of publication, distribution and promotion of all software susceptible to being used to open up data protected by author's right and not integrating a method of controlling and tracking private usage (technical measure). All software permitting downloads is concerned, such as certain instant messaging software (chat) and all server software (P2P, HTTP, FTP, SSH)"

First of all, what does shareware have to do with anything, second, that will never go through, third, if you're doing something illegal anyway, why stop because it's more illegal?

by the way, you forgot tcp, udp, irc, dcc, icmp, msnp, aimp, jabber, oh and what was that last one... right, internet.

This post was edited on 12-20-2005 at 09:36 AM by ShawnZ.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
12-20-2005 09:32 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Underlord
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by .Norma

PS: Azureus is the sucks. uTorrent is the rocks.

µTorrent
12-20-2005 09:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: