What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » My Theory :: First Edition :)

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
My Theory :: First Edition :)
Author: Message:
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Wink  My Theory :: First Edition :)
hey all!

how you guys doing? I'm good! I've just finished my readaction about one of my theory. I don't know if you guys remember the question I asked once : If the best thing you have ever known, was the thing that hurts you the most, would you keep it, or let it go?

Well the thread ended up with a few problems.. but anyways.. i've worked on this question for two monthes.. and I finally think to have pulled it off.

I'm attaching the file here, plz take a look at it :)

You will need Acrobat Read which you can get here : Acrobat Reader

I'll be happy if you guys want to discuss this with me, I think my answer is quite logical and would love to get any feedback

It's still a first edition and I have tried making as much correction as I could so it could be clear and most of all, with no mistakes. so if you guys find some english errors, plz dont bitch me, but tell me the page and everything, and i will fix it as soon as possible

thank u all in advance :)

Truly yours!
Lp15

EDIT: Can't attach a .pdf.. but why? ^o)

Anyways, I uploaded it to my server, file HERE

SITE : http://www.theory.lp15.com

http://www.abounasr.ca/writing/the_best_thing_youve_ever_known.doc

This post was edited on 05-10-2007 at 01:22 PM by albert.
01-04-2006 09:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: My Theory :: First Edition :)
there are two chapter two's

read part of it, but its too long.lol. Very good writing style though. I love it.

edit: read the ending. that is so horribly true. Ive known it since last week. Love your idea of taking this question and writing it down.

This post was edited on 01-04-2006 at 09:55 PM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
01-04-2006 09:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Tasha

31 / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs

It's like, meant as to show that it's continuing on that page, I think.

I read the whole thing, and I must say it is one of the most wonderful pieces of written work I have read. Looking past the grammatical and English mistakes, it is an emotional piece of writing, that I can see you've put a lot of hard work into. It may not help everyone, if they chose to read it, but certainly areas of it have put some thoughts into my mind, and helped me make my mind up about something. :happy: So well done, and I hope a lot of people get to see this. :happy:
www.mycutelobster.co.uk
"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry,
but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
01-04-2006 09:56 PM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: My Theory :: First Edition :)
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha

quote:
Originally posted by by lou_habs

It's like, meant as to show that it's continuing on that page, I think.

yes, i thought it just looked better that way, with like headers..

anyways.. thx for the comments tash :) And thanks for the little text u written, it will be added in the next edition.
01-04-2006 10:02 PM
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
ive read it and its good.. its very good, you should try to enter some contests... (i know you did it for urself, but try)...this will keep me thinking, im sure of it..
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
01-05-2006 12:09 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: My Theory :: First Edition :)
quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
ive read it and its good.. its very good, you should try to enter some contests... (i know you did it for urself, but try)...this will keep me thinking, im sure of it..

Glad to hear it was good, for the contests, i will see.. once the final edition is made.
01-05-2006 03:52 AM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
I like it... makes me think a lot about things actually... I wanna know what the best thing I have ever known truely is... I really couldn't tell you off the top of my head..... But I am not very good at letting go of things... so I always choose to keep it till it goes away... So I agree with your answer!
01-05-2006 04:07 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
well now, I haven't read it all but most of it, and I feel the need now to write something to you about it.

It's a very thought-out piece of work and there is alot of truth in it. It surprises me how much a simple question can confuse the hell out of me for ages, and yet, in the end, the answer seems so obvious that I wonder why I never thought of it before.

Your answer makes so much sense, yet anyone wouldn't have figured out the sense of it like that like you did. You honestly surprised me and yet confused me, all at once. It was great.

As for the contests....(y)
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
01-05-2006 04:23 AM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
As for the contests....(y)

Completely agreed there!... There seems to be some typos yet that you'd have to fix... near the end you have as one of the headings... the one about the "but's"... you have "The but.s.." or something like that.
01-05-2006 04:26 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
  • quote:
    Now if you guys have gotten to the end of this document, this means you guys have agreed that the best
    thing you’ve known was chosen based on feelings. So what is really letting go?

Isn't that mildly obvious? What else could it possibly be based on? :-/

quote:
    Letting go would mean to let go of your feelings as well, to erase them.. But if you go up just a little, you’ll
    understand that you have also agreed to the fact that feelings are not controllable..

Thats not true, think of smoking, you may love to smoke but you can also realize you need to get over it, and be successful aswell...

quote:
    Therefore letting it go is not logical, seeing as you cannot control your feelings in order to change them, to let them go, so that this thing goes away.. Now.. What are you left with? You are left with answer a), which is to keep it..

Why not just say that? It's not really necessary to go through that much just to bring something of that simple of thinking to light...

I like that you've thought hard about this... but this is fairly simple minded thinking, you haven't thought about how someone could want to lose something so much that their willpower overpowers their feeling for it, and you haven't thought of how people could eventually lose feeling for it either...

This post was edited on 01-05-2006 at 04:37 AM by ShawnZ.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.