What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » sounds in msg plus

sounds in msg plus
Author: Message:
shellygauld

O.P. Huh?  sounds in msg plus
Im very confused and new to this. Why cant i send any sounds to my contacts except the default ones, it keeps saying cant show more than 5 emoticons when i do try to send. My contact can send to me but only every 2 out of 10 or so work. We have both turned off our emoticons so they dont show but i still cant send any other than the default ones. What am i doing wrong?
10-07-2005 11:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: sounds in msg plus
quote:
Originally posted by shellygauld
Im very confused and new to this. Why cant i send any sounds to my contacts except the default ones, it keeps saying cant show more than 5 emoticons when i do try to send. My contact can send to me but only every 2 out of 10 or so work. We have both turned off our emoticons so they dont show but i still cant send any other than the default ones. What am i doing wrong?
I am abit confused, what does your custom emoticons have to do with the custom sound feature in Plus!? Or do you mean you cant send more then 5 custom emoticons at a time? If this is the case it is a limitation provided by MSN Messenger to keep users on a 56k Dialup Connection from being bombarded with large custom emoticons. If you download the plugin StuffPlug then you can disable the 5 custom emoticon limit. If you can elaborate more of what  your trying to say and please make sure it makes sense we will be able to help you.

If you mean you cant send custom sounds using Messenger Plus! do you get any error messages regarding the Random Sound feature?

This post was edited on 10-16-2005 at 11:40 PM by matty.
10-16-2005 11:35 PM
shellygauld

O.P. RE: sounds in msg plus
thanks very much matty for your help, i downloaded the staff plug ins and it has worked, sorry i didnt explain myself very well but i aaprieciate your help, im happy now x
10-17-2005 11:05 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I'll bump this thread, because I've seen people reporting this very same error more than once (although, it stays "rare").

When people try to send custom sounds, they get the warning from MSN Messenger: "cant show more than 5 emoticons yaddayadda"...

Just now, there was a person on IRC with again the same problem. She did not had any additional plugins, addons, skins, patches, whatever. After trying to untick both the option of showing emoticons in messages (because it could have been that the sound command indeed triggered emoticon to image convertions), the error still pops up. She had msn messenger 7.5.322, plus! 3.62.146. Though, I have also seen this being reported with other MSN Messenger versions (not sure about Plus! versions).....

There are also other threads on this forum and/or posts inside some threads which report the exact same thing...

Installing StuffPlug and disabling the custom emoticon limit with it does not solve the problem, it is only a dirty workaround...

This post was edited on 01-31-2006 at 11:33 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
01-31-2006 11:27 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
Something to do with what CE shortcuts they choose i.e. shortcuts involved in the Custom Sound messages?

This post was edited on 02-01-2006 at 12:27 AM by RaceProUK.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
02-01-2006 12:26 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
The only reason I can see for this is that you have custom emoticons associated with some of the words (letters?) of the sound message/name. Can you tell us with what specific built-in sounds you have problem with?
[Image: signature2.gif]
02-01-2006 02:57 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
shellygauld

O.P. RE: sounds in msg plus
i dont have a problem with the sounds or emoticons anymore since d/l stuff plugin, my thread was posted in october and i dont know why im getting replies now to this
02-02-2006 01:54 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: sounds in msg plus
Please read my post...

quote:
i dont have a problem with the sounds or emoticons anymore since d/l stuff plugin
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Installing StuffPlug and disabling the custom emoticon limit with it, does not solve the problem, it is only a dirty workaround...
--
quote:
my thread was posted in october and i dont know why im getting replies now to this
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I'll bump this thread, because I've seen people reporting this very same error more than once (although, it stays "rare").

(...)

This post was edited on 02-02-2006 at 03:27 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-02-2006 03:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: