What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Math in MSN (via LaTeX)

Math in MSN (via LaTeX)
Author: Message:
umnik

– / Male / –
O.P. Math in MSN (via LaTeX)
Hi!

I found an interesting page about how to include Math support in various Apps (you can also download code here). Since I have no idea how to make this work with MSN messenger, I am asking you if anyone could do a plugin with this functionality? That would be really great.

I saw there is another thread, that is supposed to solve this problem in a different way, but if I understood it correctly it is a little complicated to make it work and the author is not willing to support it anymore. I think this would be a much better solution, having a DLL that takes care of rendering LaTeX. It would probably be better to send Latex commands and then render them on boh sides, but then both would need this plugin.

TIA, Umnik

This post was edited on 02-20-2006 at 09:42 PM by umnik.
02-20-2006 09:41 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
n0n4m3

44 / Male / Flag
RE: Math in MSN (via LaTeX)
Hi,
I and J-Thread used the same "tool" that article you mentioned used, that is mimetex, to create an application for the contest world's best application.

Check this thread: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=54...d=589464#pid589464

or check the app itself:
http://www.worldsbestapp.com/EntryDetail.aspx?Val...f9afKqgBhiIo0%253d

I'm considering in improving the application, I'll let you know later when/if I came up with some updates.
02-20-2006 09:55 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: