What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [release] Messenger Plus! Live Translator

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
[release] Messenger Plus! Live Translator
Author: Message:
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. [release] Messenger Plus! Live Translator
I think it's time to release my first script for Plus Live :)

Here you have the second version of the translator. It doesn't have all the features that version 1.2.29 has, but that's matter of time. Currently, this version is beta but seems to work fine. You can use it to translate Plus live and feel free to share with other translators of your team that aren't beta testers.

There are still some things that have to be fixed. Currently the more important ones are Plus' bugs or limitations: Detect when ESC key is pressed in a window and Combo boxes - dodgy height (bug?).

Well, you can use this thread to report anything you think doesn't work properly and to suggest improvements or new features.

Enjoy!

.plsc File Attachment: Translator.plsc (159.08 KB)
This file has been downloaded 276 time(s).
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
04-30-2006 08:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Max

34 / Male / –
RE: [release] Messenger Plus! Live Translator
Brilliant idea. ;)
04-30-2006 09:30 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Looks nice. I finally understood how to use it:P Lol! nicely done.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
04-30-2006 11:03 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Omar
Spammin' Member!

I have Chrono in my hands! MWAHAHA!!

47 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by .Lou

errr... how? :p
Comunidad Hispana Oficial del Messenger Plus!  
TReKiE, you might as well face it... you are a dutchie (clogs, tulips and all that) :banana:
05-01-2006 01:07 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Omar
quote:

Select the file you are translating from, then the one you are saving to,  and then just select something from the drop down to translate;)
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
05-01-2006 01:15 AM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [release] Messenger Plus! Live Translator
quote:
Originally posted by Omar
quote:

well :P maybe i should have explained that... i think your problem is how to open the translator. See the screenshot:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=643182]

.png File Attachment: Dibujo.PNG (19.88 KB)
This file has been downloaded 488 time(s).
05-01-2006 08:58 AM
giken

Windows Live Butterfly

46 / Male / Flag
really thanks Choli, I'm going to use it to complete my translation :)
05-01-2006 09:14 AM
Mnjul
forum super mod

plz wub me

– / Other / Flag
Great tool Choli (Y)

One little suggestion...
Well, now that the translator is essentially integrated into Messenger / Plus!, does it make sense that it loads the current language file along with the default language file as default when it's called?
At least, the OpenFile dialogbox, shown when "Original file"'s browse button is clicked, should use "Lng_Default.ini" as default filter, instead of the current Lng_*.ini one ;) That saves some time.

BTW...
I know there is currently no implementation about this in the scripting interface...but I still want to ask :P Is it possible that when I navigate in the listbox (where the entries are in) with keyboard (say Up and Down), the translator shows the selected entry's contents immediately? I'm lazy to use my mouse. >p

It's hot here. My brain is not working. Hope you know what I'm talking about.
05-01-2006 03:18 PM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: [release] Messenger Plus! Live Translator
quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
At least, the OpenFile dialogbox, shown when "Original file"'s browse button is clicked, should use "Lng_Default.ini" as default filter, instead of the current Lng_*.ini one  That saves some time.
it shows lng_*.ini because you can open any language file, not only the default one.
quote:
I know there is currently no implementation about this in the scripting interface...but I still want to ask  Is it possible that when I navigate in the listbox (where the entries are in) with keyboard (say Up and Down), the translator shows the selected entry's contents immediately? I'm lazy to use my mouse. >p
Cookie told me that issue this morning... i didn't think that changing the selection with the keyboard doesn't call the event. I don't know any workarround to this, so i can't implement it, sorry. Let's hope Patchou implements more events and with more controls :)

Also, i don't know if you noticed, but when editing text, if you press Enter it's saved automatically* and my plans are to automatically change to the next key of the list to continue translating without touching the mouse or the keyboard

*-> and of course there will be an option to turn off and on autosaving :)
05-01-2006 04:16 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: [release] Messenger Plus! Live Translator
quote:
Well, now that the translator is essentially integrated into Messenger / Plus!, does it make sense that it loads the current language file along with the default language file as default when it's called?
Makes sense...

Though, this might better be as an option, so the user doesn't need to specify each time the actual file he wants to edit (in case the language he wants to edit is different than what is used in Plus!, eg: English is used and he is editing/working with the German one).

Maybe this could be integrated like this:
- everytime one of the two file selection change, store them in the registry and the next time the Translator is opened read them again (and thus load them again automatically -if they still exist of course-).
- the default values for these two fields (for the very first time the Translator is called) are the default translation file (English) and the translation used at that time in Plus!.

This makes that Mnjul's suggestion will be permormed, as well as:
remember what files where selected previously.

quote:
At least, the OpenFile dialogbox, shown when "Original file"'s browse button is clicked, should use "Lng_Default.ini" as default filter, instead of the current Lng_*.ini one ;) That saves some time.
- Only when no file was previously selected/entered in the file editbox, aka it was empty. And not as filter, but as filename in the openfile dialog!

This makes that you still see all the ini files, but that the default translation file is already selected (all you need to do is press enter in that case and not also find and select the default file).

- If a file was entered in the file textbox, the openfile dialog should automatically jump to that directory and select that file...

Also, the openfile dialog should automatically "jump" to the translation files directory (if no file was previously entered in the file textbox; otherwise it should jump to that file's directory of course as suggested above).

- Another small addition in this, but worthwhile and can save some time, is to automatically detect what the extension was of the file entered in the file textbox. If it was an ini file, set the filter index to *.INI, if it was not an ini file, set it to *.*. This mimics a semi-intelligent behaviour and can save some clicks for the user. (aka: if the user did not entered an ini file in the file textbox before, you can assume he also wants to view all files instead of only the ini files next time he presses the browse button)...

Example of all this can be seen in my adaptation of the Background Changer Script which automatically selects the previously entered file and automatically "chooses" the filter index according to what extension the previously entered file has. This is also the same behaviour that some big programs have (eg: PaintShopPro, PSP, ..)

quote:
I know there is currently no implementation about this in the scripting interface...but I still want to ask :P Is it possible that when I navigate in the listbox (where the entries are in) with keyboard
Time for Patchou to fix the event handler (aka the OnClick event should also fire when enter is pressed (possible for other controls too, didn't check), and an OnEventSelectionChanged or something should be added) :D

-----

Other suggestions:

1- Make the window resizeable (and the translation text boxes and file textboxes should resize with it; the rest stays fixed)

2- Add another option to select if the Plus! interface windows automatically re-read the translation elements each time (AlwaysReloadInterfaces).
This together with Mnjul's suggestion for automatically loading the used translation (given that the "automatically load used translation" option is set) makes it that you almost have a real "Live"/"On the fly" translator.

3- To make the above even more "on the fly", show the Translator's menu also in chat windows, so the user doesn't need to open the contact list each time he wants to translate when he sees some wrong stuff in chat windows. ;)

4- (already suggested in MSN) make the file textboxes editable so the user can easly type the filename if he wants to instead of opening the openfile dialog.

5- (already suggested in MSN) when translated text is changed, ask user to update file or discard it (with an option selectable like in the standalone app) maybe even making it so that when you quick/close the window, Translator asks you to update the file or not (aka: making the changes in a temp file first and only updating the real one if the user agrees... this also makes it possible to "undo" so to speak) (<== already on the todo list IIRC)

6- In the mean time, until you changed it to a treeview with icons and stuff, you can add a 1 character indication before (or after) topics and keys to indicate if they are already translated, included in default file but not yet translated, not included in default file, etc...

7- Basic information of both the "default" file and translating file would be nice to see. eg: language name and translation level.

This post was edited on 05-01-2006 at 05:04 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-01-2006 04:41 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: