What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.)

Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.)
Author: Message:
Kromitvs

O.P. Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.)
So, I've been using Plus for some time, right?
And I used some other plug-ins & patches too, right?
But Plus is the most reliable, stable, etc, right?

Anyway, I do think that it could be improved in a lot of ways... I don't mean it needs loads of improving, I just mean good is not enough, right?

So here's my list.

Different profiles for different groups.
Well, I've found it's difficult to make different groups see different names/pictures of my self. But that would be great.

I have lots of smiles. How about a list of my smiles by categories? I use Smilepad. I don’t know is MP policy on finding inspiration in other software, but that program beats smiles panels by far (ye,ye, I still haven’t figure out how to use them…)

Name/Personal quote history/chooser. Like the one Messenger has already for your personal picture. Allowing you to keep a record of old ones, and choose it again. And simple.

I have a lot of smiles (have I told that before!?). Some of them replace words (I have this guy saying "no" that replaces my no's). This is a lot of fun, and starts resembling hieroglyphic writing. Witch is fine. Except when I am talking about something really serious or trying to explain a complex thought (well... it could happen!!!). How about if I had a profile with all of them, and another without? And I could change? (and choose different ones for different groups/contacts, or to apply a different hours?)

I have a lot of winks (ye,ye...). How about a list of them by categories? Being able to change their name? Loading them in less then the 2 minutes it now takes? Being able to install and uninstall them in a really simple way? Having them replacing some expressions?

A notification when someone comes back from being idle/away. An option to see when someone is idle and not away!

MP innovated with this sounds gadget. How about smiles with sound? Or will winks become the next smiles?

Finally, how about a simple/advanced option for the options menu? I really feel is becoming more complex. The option to leave some options to very advanced/registry tweakers seems wrong to me... but that's just my opinion. Simplify…

How about including some plugins? Like the log viewer? (txt log?...who can read that)

Nicknames improving? I saw revolving nicks in another plugin. How about other types of changing nicks? (simple ones: reversed/normal, graphic/motion illusion ->--, -->-, --->, etc; or complex, where users write a list of nicks and plus changes them every X seconds).

And just before you start making fun of my "right endings", just remeber... I've hearded before, right?

05-17-2006 11:47 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.)
quote:
Originally posted by Kromitvs

How about including some plugins? Like the log viewer? (txt log?...who can read that)

Html Logs are comming with their own log viewer next version :)
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
05-17-2006 11:59 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Well, I've found it's difficult to make different groups see different names/pictures of my self. But that would be great.
not possable due to the way MSN/WLM is created
quote:
I have lots of smiles. How about a list of my smiles by categories? I use Smilepad. I don’t know is MP policy on finding inspiration in other software, but that program beats smiles panels by far (ye,ye, I still haven’t figure out how to use them&#8230
interesting
quote:
Finally, how about a simple/advanced option for the options menu? I really feel is becoming more complex. The option to leave some options to very advanced/registry tweakers seems wrong to me... but that's just my opinion. Simplify…
there is a program that will allow you to change those options with out having to dive in to the registry
quote:
umm, plugins are supported in plus!( scripts in plus!live), and plus! live does have a log viewer
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6663 days, 20 hours, 32 minutes, 59 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
05-18-2006 12:04 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kromitvs

O.P. RE: Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.)
How about video and/or audio log? (I know about Camtasia and privacy concerns, but if I can have a log of a conversation for later reference, why not of the video and/or audio?
Logging soundpacks send/received would be great too.
Or you do log, or you don't log at all, right?

PS: does anyone who can actually change plus reads this stuff?
05-18-2006 04:23 PM
The_Joker

TF

RE: RE: Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.)
quote:
How about video and/or audio log? (I know about Camtasia and privacy concerns, but if I can have a log of a conversation for later reference, why not of the video and/or audio?

StuffPlug3 will have a webcam recorder.
Messenger Plus! 3.61 unofficial Hebrew translator
Messenger Plus! Live unofficial Hebrew translator
05-18-2006 06:08 PM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
PS: does anyone who can actually change plus reads this stuff?
yes, the Plus! developer, Patchou, does read the forums frequently, however he's on a much needed vacation right now
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6663 days, 20 hours, 32 minutes, 59 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
05-18-2006 06:31 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Different profiles for different groups.
as said before:
Not possible due the way the protocol works.

addendum:
Your contacts get your screenname thru the servers. The servers only store 1 name.

The best thing you can hope for is a chat-only name, where contacts can see a different name of yours. But this would be only in a conversation.

The chat-only name feature is an option of the Messenger Plus! Plugin: StuffPlug-NG

quote:
Name/Personal quote history/chooser. Like the one Messenger has already for your personal picture. Allowing you to keep a record of old ones, and choose it again. And simple.
Isn't a really usefull feature IMO (note: most features of Plus! are usefull for the general public, hence why they are added and others not).

Furthermore, something like this can easly be programmed with a plugin. In fact, several plugins already exist where you can choose/select/save several quotes, name histories, etc.

quote:
I have a lot of smiles (have I told that before!?). Some of them replace words (I have this guy saying "no" that replaces my no's). This is a lot of fun (...)
Personal note: a hell of a lot of people find this very annoying.
quote:
(...) and starts resembling hieroglyphic writing. Witch is fine. Except when I am talking about something really serious or trying to explain a complex thought (well... it could happen!!!). How about if I had a profile with all of them, and another without? And I could change? (and choose different ones for different groups/contacts, or to apply a different hours?)
An option to temporarly disable emoticons doesn't exist. It's either always disabling them, or always enabling them.

However, with Messenger Plus! you can send text without parsing the custom emoticons. To do this use the "/noicon" command.

See the official help pages for more: commands & tags

quote:
I have a lot of winks (ye,ye...). How about a list of them by categories? Being able to change their name? Loading them in less then the 2 minutes it now takes? Being able to install and uninstall them in a really simple way? Having them replacing some expressions?
Best added by MSN Messenger itself, not by Messenger Plus!.

Furthermore, the loading time is something nobody can do anything about it. What needs to be loaded, needs to be loaded. If either the wink is too big or your computer is too slow, I'd suggest to not use that wink or upgrade your computer.

Also, again, please do not use such things (just like the custom emoticons) to automatically replace normal text/expressions!!!!!! This is the cause of extremely many annoyances. Very many people do not like this kind of stuff.

quote:
A notification when someone comes back from being idle/away.
In Messenger Plus! you can already set custom notifications per contact when they change status.

In Messenger Plus! Live this feature will still exist and with the new scripting engine it would be even dead easy to create your own.

quote:
An option to see when someone is idle and not away!
Can be done with a lot of patches, or even by a simple manual patch done by yourself.

See: Matty's reply to Is it possible or anyway of telling the real status of the contact??

Furthermore, in Messenger Plus! Live this will be an build-in option.

quote:
MP innovated with this sounds gadget. How about smiles with sound? Or will winks become the next smiles?
Again already possible with the build-in sounds.

See the official help pages for more: commands & tags
Simply add the emoticons and/or text of your choice after the sound command.

For custom sounds, create a quicktext which contains of the emoticons and/or text of your choice and as a second command the sound you want to play. For that, see: CookieRevised's reply to Integrated Sound Creator

quote:
Finally, how about a simple/advanced option for the options menu? I really feel is becoming more complex. The option to leave some options to very advanced/registry tweakers seems wrong to me... but that's just my opinion.
Not all advanced options are usefull for the general public (in fact, very little are). The menus would be waaaay too complex if those are also included.

Vice versa, the menu items shown contain some of the most used function for Messenger Plus!, hence why they are added in those menu's.

as said before:
Use Choli's Plus! Tweaker to easly alter the advanced settings in a comforteable and safe way.

quote:
No, same reason as for other not much used stuff.

Not everybody has a use for certain plugins. It might be usefull to you, but not usefull to other people. Stuff added to Plus! must be usefull for the general public. Including plugins will also increase the download size of the setup package, while on the same time not everybody will install those included plugins.

as said before:
Moreover, there is already a log viewer included in Messenger Plus!. And in Messenger Plus! Live, the integrated log viewer is even drastically improved making the use of an external log viewer program redundant.

quote:
Nicknames improving? I saw revolving nicks in another plugin. How about other types of changing nicks? (simple ones: reversed/normal, graphic/motion illusion ->--, -->-, --->, etc; or complex, where users write a list of nicks and plus changes them every X seconds).
No.

Again, nick scrollers and that sort of stuff are highly annoying for most people. Moreover they (have the potential to) flood the servers (and thus making it even harder for other people to chat in a normal way as the whole thing will slow down eventually). Such (potential flood) things will never be included in Messenger Plus!.

Though, there are some plugins which alter the nickname in some ways and even plugins which will change your nick every x seconds. Please search the (plugin) forums for those first.

quote:
Because logging an video and/or audio stream isn't that easy and strait forward as simply logging text. Moreover it would require much diskspace if frequently used.

as said before:
The upcomming new version of StuffPlug is said to include a webcam recorder.

quote:
Logging soundpacks send/received would be great too.
Soundpacks are simply files like any other file. When files are send thru MSN Messenger these events can already be logged in the chat logs if you have ticked that specific option in Messenger Plus! (Logging > Chat Logging > Record contact activities).

------

quote:
And just before you start making fun of my "right endings", just remeber... I've hearded before, right?
right.... But you didn't search the forum first before asking all these questions, right? ;)

This post was edited on 05-18-2006 at 07:37 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
05-18-2006 07:17 PM
Kromitvs

O.P. RE: Sugestions (smiles, teaks,profiles,etc.)
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
note: most features of Plus! are usefull for the general public, hence why they are added and others not).

OK... So I am not mainstream, right?... Well, if I post, maybe more people can see my light, right?...

quote:
Personal note: a hell of a lot of people find this very annoying.

Right! Yes, I know ;-)
(to be a honest, I find it annoying too. But it rather depends on my mood, right?)

quote:
Furthermore, the loading time is something nobody can do anything about it. What needs to be loaded, needs to be loaded. If either the wink is too big or your computer is too slow, I'd suggest to not use that wink or upgrade your computer.

Well... not really.
My MP smile panels appear lightning fast, right?... on the other hand, the MSN messenger smile panel... take for ever.

quote:
right.... But you didn't search the forum first before asking all these questions, right?

Wrong...
Dead wrong!!!

Well... in fact you are right (Just fooling around). But I did in fact check for the firsts suggestions, like profiles. I found out it "couldn't be done". As I am open minded, I translated to "is difficult" (I still maintain that, in fact). But... I posted again. If no one does it, it will never be mainstream... Maybe Gates'll check it out... rofl!!rofl!!rofl!!! :D

MAN!!!
Huge post you made...
OK I have another suggestion!!!
This time I'm going to check the foruns a little better...
(but I'm going to post anyway, because like that, even if it has been posted, you see there's someone else who wishes it... ;-) )

I hoppe like this  (taking the time to earch) I can show you I apprecited you taking the time to answer.

Real thanks!!!, right?:D
05-27-2006 03:33 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: