What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Personalised status shortcut

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Personalised status shortcut
Author: Message:
DomGrimm

Woohoo!

36 / Other / –
O.P. Personalised status shortcut
Am I just blind, or is there no way to set a shortcut for the personalised status? I used to use ctrl+shift+a to set myself away, but I can't find any option to do something similar in MP!L.
THANKS PATCHOU!

...still laughing at those guys...spyware :lol:
06-25-2006 08:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Personalised status shortcut
I cant find it anywhere so it must not be in the version.
06-25-2006 08:46 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sypher

36 / Male / Flag
You can still use /online /busy /away /lunch /onphone etc.. You can create a shortcut for it in the MP!L settings
Messenger Plus Beta Tester
Plus! Live Faq Maintainer
06-25-2006 09:46 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
It is indeed not included anymore, because:

As Sypher suggested you can make this in combination of a Quicktext:

Not only can you use the status commands like /online, /busy, etc, but you can also still use the /persostat command.

see http://www.msgplus.net/help_cmdtag.php

In combination with the new improved quicktexts you can make a keyboard shortcut like this:

Quicktext text: /persostat
Quicktext shortcut: choose among the listed shortcuts (granted, there is maybe not much of a choice there; maybe this is added in future versions though)

quote:

This post was edited on 06-29-2006 at 11:52 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
06-25-2006 10:06 AM
SerGuMa

always connected...

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Personalised status shortcut
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:

Not only can you use the status commands like /online, /busy, etc, but you can also still use the /persostat command.

In combination with the new improved quicktexts you can make a keyboard shortcut like this:

Quicktext shortcut: choose among the listed shortcuts (granted, there is maybe not much of a choice there; maybe this is added in futur versions though)

quote:

but using the persostats we can't set it to brb neither lunch and these, only away and busy :(

Will the other status get added?
[Image: sergu2fg.jpg]
06-25-2006 07:19 PM
DomGrimm

Woohoo!

36 / Other / –
O.P. RE: RE: Personalised status shortcut
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:

Quicktext shortcut: choose among the listed shortcuts (granted, there is maybe not much of a choice there; maybe this is added in futur versions though)

quote:

So this means I have to have a conversation open, in the foreground to use this? And I can't define the command I use? Is there any chance the old system will be reintroduced in an update?
THANKS PATCHOU!

...still laughing at those guys...spyware :lol:
06-25-2006 10:22 PM
junkies4

I think this function could be usefull when users are running full screen applications. When i play games and didn't set my status to busy before lauching the game, i see popup windows from WLM which telling me that a contact is online, but if i'm really annoyed by those popups i can use a shortcut key to set my status to busy without pushing ctrl-alt-tab to return to my desktop...
06-26-2006 02:46 AM
(V)oribundenVampir

Haha, no matter how hard you try to replace that feature with those in-conversation shortcuts, the personalized status shortcut feature is - hopefully, FOR NOW ONLY - out.

I realized that it is absolutely not very useful because this means you must have a conversation window always open, which obviously, it's not the ki here, for the many differente reasons that have been said above (full screen gaming). Even if you're not gaming, that feature kicked ass, and now it's out.

Let's pray for it to come back, which certainly, I beleve Patchou shall make it back. After all, there are many features that haven't been included in this build.

The very first time that I tested MPL v4 Beta, I realized that many things were out and other things were simply not working in a confortable way.
For instance: the conversation window's custom sounds dialog is too small; the most used sounds is also out (personally I wasn't very fond of it, but it WAS a feature). Also, in the custom sounds library, I cannot hide/unhide two or more files at once, I must tick/untick one by one, it's a pain in the ass, honestly. There's another "feature" - if we may call it so - in the custom sounds library that's not present anymore, and that's the possibility to type the first letter of a sound and go to that sound in the list. Eg. My sound is McGiver, then I would type 'M' and it would go to the first sound starting with the letter 'M'. And it was even possible to warp to McGiver sound typing the whole word itself. This is something that even the windows shell's lets us use.

Nonetheless, as it's been said, the whole thing was recoded from zero, so it's quite an impressive work (tho I'm not very fond of the preferences GUI, probably because it takes too much space on the screen compared to the v3's GUI).

Keep on working, Patchou! You have our support!

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot... The LAST USED DATE in the custom sounds library is perfect, indeed I actually needed it. I can perform statistics with it and see wether I really need a sound in my library or not. That's a new great feature that personally I find very useful, no matter how hilarious that may sound. :o):^)(A) Thumbs up to that!

This post was edited on 06-26-2006 at 05:48 PM by (V)oribundenVampir.
06-26-2006 05:46 PM
MiSP

I really do hope it will be readded, because that (and the chat logging, which by the way got a huge lift now) was almost my sole reason for using Plus!.
06-29-2006 11:45 AM
(V)oribundenVampir

Speaking of witches... The nickname column of the chat logs is quite a pain in the ass for being so tide, there should be a way to be able to make it wider, for most of the users are very used to having LONG nicknames (I admit, I hate them for that =P). I know I can truncate, but truncating it's so yicks :P
Anyway, just an oppinion, it's not really something that can take my sleep away.

But right now, personalized status shortcuts absence DOES. :P
And another opinion... the MSN 7 conversation windows was thinner, is it just that I got too much used to it or the MSN 8 conv. window's are a little bit wider? Especially at the bottom (where the ad was supposed to be (Sorry M$, Mess Patch on, muahahah).
06-29-2006 12:35 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: