What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus Alert Sounds

Messenger Plus Alert Sounds
Author: Message:
jmccarroll

39 / Male / –
O.P. Messenger Plus Alert Sounds
In previous versions, Messenger Plus! used MSN's default alert sound when they displayed toasts.  In this version the alert sound isn't used.  A toast pops up with no sound.

Also, if you try to use the sound notification feature, you can't select the alert sound because they are in .wma format, but Plus! doesn't support that (or it's not in the drop down menu).

Edit: Nevermind, I just copied and converted the alert file to .mp3 format and am using that.

This post was edited on 06-25-2006 at 01:33 PM by jmccarroll.
06-25-2006 01:01 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ahmetgns
Veteran Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus Alert Sounds
Posts were merged.

Because Windows Live Messenger truncates nicknames in pop-ups for "XXX has just signed in." and can't show colors in nicknames properly because of incompleted BBCodes, I disabled it to pop-up from WLM Options, and created a new Event Notification for Sign-in, and wanted to assign the old sound "online.wma". But I couldn't select it from inside the MSN Messenger folder, because it didn't list any sound in the "Select a sound" window. I typed the exact name 'online.wma' and wanted to preview it but it said me "Messenger Plus! can't play this sound format". However I set it like that and when someone came Online, Messenger Plus! played the sound so in fact it supports .wma format. Important note: I have disabled also "Contact Online" sound inside WLM's Options. So lets add .wma format to the drop-down menu.
Just noticed...

.wma is not supported when creating New Emotion Sound, however it is supported as an Event Notification Sound.

EDIT:
Just noticed...

The .wma sound files are played only for 10 seconds, neither less nor more, i.e., you can't set any different duration for any .wma sound. You should also show a pop-up for the event for .wma sound to be played, I don't know why but thus. And the sound is played as long as pop-up is there, when pop-up disappears, sound stops. For example if you mouse over the pop-up, sound will play to the very end of the file.

EDIT2: Just found another limitation. If your status is Busy, even if you checked the option in Preferences for playing sounds when Busy, .wma sounds won't play!

This post was edited on 06-15-2007 at 06:59 AM by ahmetgns.
06-14-2007 01:46 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: