What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » [release] Streaming Sound Plugin [BUGFIX] & Outlook Email Script

[release] Streaming Sound Plugin [BUGFIX] & Outlook Email Script
Author: Message:
rh

– / Male / –
O.P. [release] Streaming Sound Plugin [BUGFIX] & Outlook Email Script
This is a plugin for Messenger Plus! Live that will allow you to send sound effects to your contacts. Contrary to other plugins with a similar function, this one is based on the following idea: The sounds do not have to be available locally, they can be put on any Internet server. The plugin will then play them using audio streaming.

Since the plugin uses the technical basis of Windows Media, it is capable of playing every sound format that Windows Media Player can play, including MP3, WMA, MIDI. It can even play video files (although you will not see the video, only hear the audio channel). You could also stream a sound file from your local computer using a simple HTTP Server like HFS.

Flexibility is this plugins' strength. 

For more information and the download: http://msgplus.zwobot.com

-------------

On the same page (but not a Plus! script):

Messenger Plus! Live allows you to check your email account for new emails - even if it's not a Microsoft Hotmail account. When a new email arrives, you can through one simple click start your email program.

Now if you are using Microsoft Outlook like myself, you will have the following problem: When Outlook is already running, and Messenger Plus! detects a new email, you can click, but this won't make Outlook check for new emails. Only when Outlook is not running, Messenger Plus! will launch it, and upon being launched, Outlook will automatically check for new mails.

This script is the solution: It detects whether Outlook is already running. If yes, it will make Outlook check for new mails. If no, it will launch Outlook and Outlook will automatically check for emails. In any case, you will get your new mails.

This post was edited on 06-27-2006 at 11:26 AM by rh.
06-25-2006 06:53 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
rh

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: [release] Streaming Sound Plugin & Outlook Email Script
There was a serious bug in the first version, that maybe stopped people from enjoying this plugin. So I hope it is ok to bump the thread.
06-27-2006 11:26 AM
BudsieBuds

Watch out... or I'll poke you!

32 / Male / –
RE: [release] Streaming Sound Plugin [BUGFIX] & Outlook Email Script
Uhmm... does it also work when people don't have the script/MSG Plus! Live installed?

~Take care, Budsie
07-02-2006 10:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
GREAT SCRIPT KIDDER!

As an artist, I've been using it to send ppl my music straight away to them, they cant download it, but they can listen and I dont need to convince them to click it or anything! This has been a great help in gettin ppl to listen to my material, so yeah, I relaly apprechate it!

For any other musicans trying to get music out there... its worth getting MP!Live jus for this!

This post was edited on 07-03-2006 at 04:03 AM by MC Inferno.
07-03-2006 04:02 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
rh

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: [release] Streaming Sound Plugin [BUGFIX] & Outlook Email Script
quote:
Originally posted by BudsieBuds
Uhmm... does it also work when people don't have the script/MSG Plus! Live installed?

~Take care, Budsie

no it does not. at least it wont play the sound. BUT: the user will receive a message that will  contain a clickable link, so - if he wants to - he can listen too, but manually of course.
07-03-2006 10:50 PM
segosa
Community's Choice

You didn't remove your debugging code in OnEvent_Initialize.

You have "Debug.DebuggingWindowVisible=1;" there... kind of annoying to have that pop up. :p

EDIT:

wshshell.RegWrite("HKCU\\Software\\Zwobot.com\\Streaming Sound Plugin\\PlaySounds", OnOff, "REG_DWORD");

It's probably better to store your settings at MsgPlus.ScriptRegPath.

This post was edited on 07-04-2006 at 05:53 AM by segosa.
The previous sentence is false. The following sentence is true.
07-04-2006 05:44 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
rh

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
You have "Debug.DebuggingWindowVisible=1;" there... kind of annoying to have that pop up. :p

I thought that this isn't a problem, because the users won't have the debug mode enabled. But now that you mentioned it, I must say you are right of course: I should have thought about other people who write scripts, too.

quote:
It's probably better to store your settings at MsgPlus.ScriptRegPath.

ah nice, i already wondered how to make sure that the settings are being removed on uninstallation.

i have fixed both things and uploaded the new version.

regards,
rh
07-04-2006 08:07 AM
BudsieBuds

Watch out... or I'll poke you!

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by rh
no it does not. at least it wont play the sound. BUT: the user will receive a message that will  contain a clickable link, so - if he wants to - he can listen too, but manually of course.

Aww... that s*cks.  ;)

~Budsie
07-04-2006 10:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
rh

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by BudsieBuds

Aww... that s*cks.  ;)

~Budsie

well, it would be .... scary... if i could make other computers do things without having access to them... *-)
07-04-2006 11:04 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: